Opinions please

I added two new pictures to my profile, in the first I am wearing a black with aqua-blue floral print dress. In the second I am wearing a blue plaid dress. Can you please help me figure out which to wear to my best friends bridal shower? The floral one is VERY comfortable but the thing I worry about is that it looks too much like a childish floral print dress I would have worn to my 8th grade graduation. BTW I think it looks much better in person, I cannot stand the way it looks in the picture, yuck!

The plaid dress is a little less comfortable, it's strapless which I am not used to so I worry that I will be tugging on it all day, but it seems more grown up and I am more confident that the style looks ok. Also it's not very comfortable in the way the elastic top part digs into my skin....it's not too tight, it's just not a comfortable fabric.

I am sure I will want to be comfortable, but like I said I worry the floral one looks childish. Though it may just be my own self consciousness because I have seen dresses very similar in the victoria's secret cataloug that I think look very nice but when I picture it on myself I see the same "8th grade look".

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    I added two new pictures to my profile, in the first I am wearing a black with aqua-blue floral print dress. In the second I am wearing a blue plaid dress. Can you please help me figure out which to wear to my best friends bridal shower? The floral one is VERY comfortable but the thing I worry about is that it looks too much like a childish floral print dress I would have worn to my 8th grade graduation. BTW I think it looks much better in person, I cannot stand the way it looks in the picture, yuck!

The plaid dress is a little less comfortable, it's strapless which I am not used to so I worry that I will be tugging on it all day, but it seems more grown up and I am more confident that the style looks ok. Also it's not very comfortable in the way the elastic top part digs into my skin....it's not too tight, it's just not a comfortable fabric.

I am sure I will want to be comfortable, but like I said I worry the floral one looks childish. Though it may just be my own self consciousness because I have seen dresses very similar in the victoria's secret cataloug that I think look very nice but when I picture it on myself I see the same "8th grade look".

Thanks for your help!
  • PishPish97
    PishPish97 Posts: 34
    I like the floral one. I think it has more of a summer feel to it. Plus you said it was more comfortable.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I like the plaid one the the best, but if it isn't comfortable maybe the other one is a better option. It is so hard to decide, isn't it!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    They both look great! I would go for the floral, I'm big into comfort.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I like the plaid one best as well... But if you think its gonna be a pain then go for the other! :smile:
  • kpossible
    kpossible Posts: 72
    I like the floral one! You look fabulous in it! I don't think it looks childish at all :smile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    floral. Have fun:happy:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I like the plaid....but wear the other if it's more comfortable, it's cute too. Last thing you want it to be uncomfortable,.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    i'm voting for the floral. Doesn't look childish, but does look young. And young is never a bad thing. For my wedding, I wore a bright pink and blue floral dress because it was in the courthouse and I wanted to feel fun. If you're comfortable in the floral, then definitely go for it. And maybe buy a wild (grown up) necklace and earrings to go with it. That way you're a young, fun, cool looking chic. Knock 'em dead!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    I vote floral. Looks like it complements your colouring better. I like that one!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Go with whichever you will be more confident in. You look good in both.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Personally I think the floral one is very flattering on you. It makes your tummy look flatter. Have fun:flowerforyou:
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    I am going with the plaid....it looks good....
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    I like the way the plaid looks, It gives your figure more shape, very slimming, I like the little jacket with it, its such a cute look.
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    I vote for the black plaid--could just be the picture but you look slimmer in it than the floral--but hey, what do I know. I have to ask everyone in the house if my shoes look ok before entering the public eye:wink::laugh:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    I think the plaid but if you want comfort the floral doesn't look bad! Toss a coin ....: whichever you choose willl be nice, I'm sure you will have a great time :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    okay they both look good! The plaid and the jacket look really put together....but the floral color looks amazing on you! If you feel more comfortable in the floral and you say it looks much better in person, I think it looks great now so I can only imagine! lol....I'd go w/ that. If you're pulling up your dress and worrying about it all day you won't enjoy yourself....if you feel comfy you'll look more confident....and I know you can work that floral girl LMBO....

what ever you choose you'll look lovely sista!:love:
    hugs and have fun!
    Ali :drinker:
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    You look very lovely in the first picture the floral one. Given the occasion and time of year you will be sure to be stunning. Have fun!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Thanks everyone for your votes, wow I wasn't expecting so many responses. I STILL haven't decided....though I do have a week. But I feel much much better about both of them and your comments were really nice :bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    You look great in both of them, but I like the floral one a little better. I really like the colours in it and it seems more summer-y. :smile: