Ahem!! May I have your attention please???? :)

Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    just wandering, do you eat all your calories for the day? you said that you worked hard yesterday and burned 1000 cal, so do you only eat 500 cal or do you eat the entire 1000 cal?

I don't usually eat all the exercise calories back. My goal is to eat enough back that my "net calories" are at a safe level (Around 1100-1200), but then on days I don't work out, I eat around 1400 cals.

why do you eat more on days you don't exercise?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    You are awesome girly!!! WOOHOO!!! Congratulations on a major milestone. :glasses:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    just wandering, do you eat all your calories for the day? you said that you worked hard yesterday and burned 1000 cal, so do you only eat 500 cal or do you eat the entire 1000 cal?

I don't usually eat all the exercise calories back. My goal is to eat enough back that my "net calories" are at a safe level (Around 1100-1200), but then on days I don't work out, I eat around 1400 cals.

No, what happens is, I eat 1400 on days I don't work out and on days I do work out, I will eat around 1800 or so since I've burned a lot. By net calories, I mean the actual calories you are taking in after you have exercised. For example if I just ate 1400 and then burned 750 then I am only taking in 650 calories, which is dangerous. SO, on days I work out and burn 750 cals, I try to eat at least 1800, which brings my net calories up to 1050...which is still on the low side but BETTER. I will sometimes eat closer to 1900. Does that make sense?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member

No, what happens is, I eat 1400 on days I don't work out and on days I do work out, I will eat around 1800 or so since I've burned a lot. By net calories, I mean the actual calories you are taking in after you have exercised. For example if I just ate 1400 and then burned 750 then I am only taking in 650 calories, which is dangerous. SO, on days I work out and burn 750 cals, I try to eat at least 1800, which brings my net calories up to 1050...which is still on the low side but BETTER. I will sometimes eat closer to 1900. Does that make sense?

To be more specific, Tam is basically just saying she creates a larger deficit on days she works out then on days she doesn't. But the difference only looks like 350 calories, not TOO bad a difference, and Tam has been doing this sucessfully long enough that I'm not gonna tell her how.
  • TamTastic

To be more specific, Tam is basically just saying she creates a larger deficit on days she works out then on days she doesn't. But the difference only looks like 350 calories, not TOO bad a difference, and Tam has been doing this sucessfully long enough that I'm not gonna tell her how.

Tell me how what?? Am I doing something wrong?? hehe
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member

thanks. i understand it now. congrats once again!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    WOOT WOOT!!

Way to go, Tami! You are a true inspiration. :drinker:
  • CONGRATULATIONS! You're quite an inspiration! Keep up the FANTASTIC work!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    If you will direct your eyes to my ticker below, you will see a certain number I have been trying to attain for awhile! Yes, after being stuck at 99 lbs lost for 2 weeks, I had a 3 lb loss this morning which brings my total lbs lost to 102!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!

All I can say to those on a plateau.........just keep on, keepin on. Your body will have no choice but to catch up eventually!

WOOOOO!! Man, it feels SOOO good!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: <
    Me this morning!! :laugh:

you just couldn't wait until i got back, could you...

Fantastic achievement, that is truely amazing!
  • galsal
    galsal Posts: 11
    Wonderful!!! WGT!!! :drinker:

44241.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TamTastic
    If you will direct your eyes to my ticker below, you will see a certain number I have been trying to attain for awhile! Yes, after being stuck at 99 lbs lost for 2 weeks, I had a 3 lb loss this morning which brings my total lbs lost to 102!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!

All I can say to those on a plateau.........just keep on, keepin on. Your body will have no choice but to catch up eventually!

WOOOOO!! Man, it feels SOOO good!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: <
    Me this morning!! :laugh:

you just couldn't wait until i got back, could you...

Fantastic achievement, that is truely amazing!
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!! And sorry i didn't wait for you!! ;)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Congrats Tam, so how long have you been working on it? Because I've only managed 45 lbs in a year, but I think you've done a fantastic job. I wish I could be as motivated. You rock!
  • i'm new here and just wanted to say congrats to you....here's to hoping i can do as well
    congrats again
  • Congratulations!! I can't even imagine how you feel!!
    What an inspiration you are!!

Cheers to you...

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hayleym
    hayleym Posts: 4
    Well done Tam - it's made me work harder today i can tell you.

CONGRATS....:flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    CONGRATS:flowerforyou: :drinker:

That is wonderful. Makes me want to work hard, because I now know that it can be done.

WONDERFUL JOB.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Isn't she lovely?!
    This song comes to mind right now!

I :heart: you Tami!
  • TamTastic
    You guys are SO great! Thank you so much for the support! I can't believe this thread is still going!! But, I am truly happy that it is helping some of you to stay motivated! It is ALWAYS helpful to know it can be done! :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Isn't she lovely?!
    This song comes to mind right now!

I :heart: you Tami!

:heart: you Crys!!!! :) Gotta love Stevie Wonder too!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Tam that's the greatest news...I'm so happy for you...thanks for the motivation!