Picture This...

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
You're on the treadmill. You found your jogging pace. You're sweating, you're in tune with your body's motion, the music is adding that extra push that you need to have the best workout possible, you are so there.

Then, your cell phone rings. You look down, it's your boss. ****, you have to answer it, what if the building is burning down? You try to slow down so you can actually speak, meanwhile trying to catch your breath so you don't sound like a g'**** idiot. You answer the phone, still out of breath, and boss asks you if you can make it to a last minute 1:30 meeting in the conference room. You respond without thinking and say "Sure" because how the hell can you tell your boss, the man that determines your salary and raises, no? The call is over and done with and then you realize you should probably check the time. It's 1:22. Fluck me.

I ran down the stairs of the gym to my car, sped like a freakin' mad woman in order to get to work so that I could be in the meeting on time. I seriously had not even caught my breath yet. I didn't have a chance to cool down so I was sweating like a freakin' insane person, I couldn't breath, couldn't talk, couldn't do anything but try to get to the one place I would be at 1:30 for an important meeting.

I make it, it's 1:29, i'm like racing to the conference room in my workout clothes, mind you (this means, tight pants, tank top, sports bra and tennis shoes!) I walk in soaking wet, still trying to breath and there in front of me is the Vice President, The manager of technical something or other, The Executive of Marketing (My Boss), The Operations Manager, and a few others - yep all staring at me.

Still haven't caught my freakin' breath, and the only thing I could say was...

"I'm an idiot, I was on the treadmill"

:indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• lina1131
    Options
    You're on the treadmill. You found your jogging pace. You're sweating, you're in tune with your body's motion, the music is adding that extra push that you need to have the best workout possible, you are so there.

Then, your cell phone rings. You look down, it's your boss. ****, you have to answer it, what if the building is burning down? You try to slow down so you can actually speak, meanwhile trying to catch your breath so you don't sound like a g'**** idiot. You answer the phone, still out of breath, and boss asks you if you can make it to a last minute 1:30 meeting in the conference room. You respond without thinking and say "Sure" because how the hell can you tell your boss, the man that determines your salary and raises, no? The call is over and done with and then you realize you should probably check the time. It's 1:22. Fluck me.

I ran down the stairs of the gym to my car, sped like a freakin' mad woman in order to get to work so that I could be in the meeting on time. I seriously had not even caught my breath yet. I didn't have a chance to cool down so I was sweating like a freakin' insane person, I couldn't breath, couldn't talk, couldn't do anything but try to get to the one place I would be at 1:30 for an important meeting.

I make it, it's 1:29, i'm like racing to the conference room in my workout clothes, mind you (this means, tight pants, tank top, sports bra and tennis shoes!) I walk in soaking wet, still trying to breath and there in front of me is the Vice President, The manager of technical something or other, The Executive of Marketing (My Boss), The Operations Manager, and a few others - yep all staring at me.

Still haven't caught my freakin' breath, and the only thing I could say was...

"I'm an idiot, I was on the treadmill"

:indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You go girl! So was the big meeting worth all that stress of getting there?
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sounds like something that would happen to me! that's really funny! :smile:
    dont worry about it... we all have our moments.
  • lina1131
    Options
    It would have been if they were like "Lina, you are awesome. We're giving you a $3 million dollar raise" Otherwise, meh, they could have e-mailed me.

:bigsmile:
  • stephi92569
    Options
    I know that feeling all to well, especially working with Engineers. Bunch of dorks. Sorry if there are engineers out there. I love the guys I work with but come on, give us a break sometime.

You did way better than I would have. I would have told them NO WAY!!! LOL
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: omg you go girl!!! and :angry: @ your boss for ruining your groove on the treadmill....:grumble:

hugs~
  • lina1131
    Options
    I typed that really fast and did something I absolutely freakin' HATE! I used your in stead of you're. Apparently i'm not all there yet.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You rock!

(You poor thing!)
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm going to hop on the treadmill myself now But I know that wont happen to me I'm a stay at home mom that would love to work but my hubby dont want me to, kids are napping so gatta go.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :smile:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    okay . . . .i pictured and lmao!!!!! i'm sorry i do so at your expense!! but that's hilarious!! i could just imagine this whole scene!!!! thanks for the good laugh!:laugh: :tongue: