MFP Runner's Club - 8/4

2»

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I haven't checked my sneakers. What do I do to check them?

I also don't know what tapping out my shins means. :blushing: Any help is appreciated.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    I'm back from my workout.

First, I was able to jog. The shin splints are gone, I think. I'm not sure how long they will be gone for, but i'm going to take it and run.

I did 3 miles in 45 minutes and overall did 3.23 miles in 50 minutes. Here is how my routine went:

1 min 3.5, 1 min 3.6, 1 min 3.7, 2 min 3.8, Jog 3 minutes @ 4.2 Jog 2 minutes @ 4.5. Repeat routine until I hit 45 minutes. The last 5 minutes was a cooldown.

Total calories burned 405.

I noticed it was harder to get my heart rate up today. I am assuming this is because I am starting to become more fit and i'm lighter. I'm going to have to up my workout to burn the same amount of calories I have been burning in the past. This normal and I should actually be pretty proud of myself that i'm getting to this point. For now i'm not going to be too concerned that I only burned 405 calories. I'm going to work on the distance and speed of my wog.

Overall, i'm very pleased.

:heart:
  • Did 4 miles and a bunch of stadium stairs in between each mile.

Wow, that is awsome,

Rest day for me, I will jsut do stretching and situps and stuff.

Good going to all you runner!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I'm back from my workout.

First, I was able to jog. The shin splints are gone, I think. I'm not sure how long they will be gone for, but i'm going to take it and run.

I did 3 miles in 45 minutes and overall did 3.23 miles in 50 minutes. Here is how my routine went:

1 min 3.5, 1 min 3.6, 1 min 3.7, 2 min 3.8, Jog 3 minutes @ 4.2 Jog 2 minutes @ 4.5. Repeat routine until I hit 45 minutes. The last 5 minutes was a cooldown.

Total calories burned 405.

I noticed it was harder to get my heart rate up today. I am assuming this is because I am starting to become more fit and i'm lighter. I'm going to have to up my workout to burn the same amount of calories I have been burning in the past. This normal and I should actually be pretty proud of myself that i'm getting to this point. For now i'm not going to be too concerned that I only burned 405 calories. I'm going to work on the distance and speed of my wog.

Overall, i'm very pleased.

:heart:

Gratz Lina!!!!!! That's awesome. You'll be speedin along at 6 mph in no time! :smile:
  • banks1850
    Just did my interval run today.

My race is thursday, and didn't want to push it, just did a 3 mile interval with a 1/2 mile cooldown.

routine was:

1/4 mile at 8 minute mile
    1/4 mile at 6:20 minute mile
    repeat 6 times for 3 miles

1/2 mile cool down.

FYI for all you intermediate runners out there, this is a GREAT way to increase both wind and leg strength without totally killing yourself in the process. It's rough, but not as bad as trying to go all out the whole time. If you mix this routine with a day of long and slow, and a day of timed fast and a day off (I.E. seven days: 3 on, 1 rest, 3 on) it's a very solid routine to prepare for a race.

this is my routine for the month before a 5K race

Monday: Interval
    tuesday: timed 5K (as hard as you can)
    Wednesday: 5 miles at about 85%
    thursday: off
    Friday:Interval
    Saturday: timed 5K (as hard as you can)
    Sunday:5 miles at about 85%
    Monday: off
    etc
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Okay I did it... I am doing the couch to 5k , But I am mixing it up a little... I have been Jogging at a 5mph for 1 Mile then walk a lap and Jog at a 5.5 for a lap and walk a lap. I do that 3 times. Then I up my speed to 6.0 for a lap then I walk a lap and do that 2 times. I ended up doing 4 miles total at 60 minutes. My treadmill says I burned 650 calories But I figured it at 500 to be on the safe side. It was great and I felt good.

Melissa
  • banks1850
    Good for you Melissa! That's awesome!