What music motivates you?

13»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I dunno why but Kanye West's Power always helps me run better!

I sooooo agree! It makes me run faster with attitude!! LOL!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Anything fast and upbeat! I put on Pandora on my iPhone, put my earbuds in, and jam out to a good station I find :)
  • For elliptical, running, strength tranining I love Rammstein, White Zombie, NIN, TOOL, Deftones, Dead Soul Tribe, Monster Magnet...

when I jog or feel "dancier" I can go from Pink Floyd, Ramones, Beastie Boys, NOFX, to Rihana, Pink, Shakira, ...

But the ones I mentioned first are HITS for me to get my butt moving, and hips swaying.
  • Nickichik
    Nickichik Posts: 11
    Five Finger Death Punch..any of their songs :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    haah your going to laugh but, the new britney spears cd, femme fatale.
    The whole cd is upbeat and i workout to the beat of the songs!! LOL. Other than that i like pop upbeat music! LOL :o)

SUCH a good CD! I'm not laughing!! :D I don't really have a specific workout playlist, but anything upbeat, I'll listen to... I LOVE mash-ups and remixes-- now this you may laugh at, but there are some good ones on fratmusic.com. What can I say, I'm a college girl. I do like Lady Gaga, Little Boots, Mark Ronson, and Kasabian a lot, those are probably some of my most frequently played artists. Umm and the occasional Justin Bieber... shameful. Haha :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Being an old lady (ok, well not too old, but old to the young uns - I'm 45), I didn't have clue about recent music. Especially, not something to run to...so I googled it and came up with a list of all the playlists of major runners:

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/special/0,7889,s6-240-466-0-0,00.html

From there, I went to itunes and listened to all the music. I found some stuff I NEVER IN A KAZILLION YEARS thought I would like, but I do. Here's how my running list shaped up:

Ice Cream Man - Van Halen

Telephone - Lady Gaga

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas

Work - Ciara

Ramp! (the Logical Song) - Scooter **I've downloaded a few more of their songs - GREAT beat for running!

Fighter - Christina Aguilera

Forget You - Cee Lo Green (I wanted the other version, but my 7 year old likes playing my ipod so I had to be careful! LOL!)

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

Move It On Over - George Thorogood

You talk too much - George Thorogood

It's my Life - Bon Jovi

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
This discussion has been closed.