Pathetic ...

13»

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    not uncommon. We tend to not realize just how much out of shape we are. The good thing is that you get better very fast in the beginning.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    I think we all felt this way in the beginning!

When I first started jogging 3 months ago, I could only run for 1 minute or less at a time, and I swore it would kill me. But now, I'm running (2) 12 minute miles at a time - not the greatest, but still a MAJOR improvement!

You will notice your strength and endurance improving very quickly, I say within the first month. If you keep at it, you will be making leaps and bounds in no time. If you want to stick with the treadmill and want to jog/run, I would google a C25K plan (Couch to 5K). It starts low and ramps up slowly and is a great way to build your endurance.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    I was in the same boat a few months back. I couldn't even run to the end of my street. Now I'm about to run my first 5K ever in about a week. It does get better. Look at my signature. I've logged 43 miles this month. You can do this!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    i could only do 10 minutes my first time too. i slowed the pace down to go longer and now, like months later i can do whole hour zumba tapes without feeling funky. :) you can do this. it takes time. :)
This discussion has been closed.