Paleo?

2»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Yes it's a fad and no I'm not against it at all. I think the concepts of the diet are great. Who can argue against eating less/no processed foods? In fact, my diet is very similar. Those that argue "lifespan" aren't taking into account medicine. We've come a loooong way since then.:wink:

In the end, do what works for you. There is no "one size fits all".
    A fad is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way. A fad is said to "catch on" when the number of people adopting it begins to increase rapidly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fad

25 years or longer is a long time for a fad.......................
  • 25 years or longer is a long time for a fad.......................
    If you want to get picky on the details, it's been around a lot longer than that. My point is that it's recently received a bit of attention. Hence the number of threads here and elsewhere recently.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    25 years or longer is a long time for a fad.......................
    If you want to get picky on the details, it's been around a lot longer than that. My point is that it's recently received a bit of attention. Hence the number of threads here and elsewhere recently.

Yes, technically it has been around longer than that, however I am speaking about books being published and the plan being coined Paleo...............

I know that it is not a fad though, that is the whole point of what I am saying. I believe that it is a trend that is here to stay and will eventually make a shift in the food pyramid to where it needs to be. Unless the government isn't really interested in getting the obesity epidemic under control to feed their own agenda where the grain market is concerned.
  • Unless the government isn't really interested in getting the obesity epidemic under control to feed their own agenda where the grain market is concerned.
    I can't imagine that at all. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.