how many carbs?

I feel like MFP sets the carbs really high... i have changed mine to 45% carbs an dmore proteins...
should i leave it the way MFP sets it? I feel like more carbs make my belly fat!

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    I feel like MFP sets the carbs really high... i have changed mine to 45% carbs an dmore proteins...
    should i leave it the way MFP sets it? I feel like more carbs make my belly fat!
  • sabes2631
    i have gained back all i had lost during the last 5 weeks... wedding and honeymoon... no schedule and irregular grocery shopping... and cocktails...
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    depends on what you are doing. 45% carbs isn't crazy. It's a little lower then I do, with my weight training, but it won't be detrimental. the more cardio you do, the better off you are with higher carbs.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    I feel your pain!! Last year I worked hard to lose weight before my wedding. I lost 10 pounds from January to September 1. I gained all 10 pounds back in my one week honeymoon...!!! :( I was so pissed...and didn't have the motivation (my wedding dress) hounding over me anymore so I have gained almost an additional 30 pounds since last September. I just found out about this site a week and a half ago and have lost 7 pounds already!!!

GOOD LUCK taking it back off...remember your honeymoon is a very special time and you deserved to enjoy it...don't get down on yourself! Just don't put on 30 more pounds before you turn it around like I did...

Dani :)
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I eat less than they recommend, only because my trigger to overeat is carbs. I eat fruits and veggies, but not much in the bread and pasta category, so I am usually under. They make my EVERYTHING fat.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    depends on what you are doing. 45% carbs isn't crazy. It's a little lower then I do, with my weight training, but it won't be detrimental. the more cardio you do, the better off you are with higher carbs.

I walk/run 7 days a week now for about 60 min at a time. My carbs are at 55% and it has helped my weight loss quite a bit. I need to lift more, but don't have the funds...or the weights right now. I found my energy levels and weight loss increased by upping my carbs by 10%.

I guess just tweek your numbers until you find what formula works for you. Especially if your carbs are coming from whole grains, fruits and veggies.

Good luck!
    ~Kell
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    my nutritionist tells me... if you're going to stretch or "go over" anything.. that the carbs and proteins are the best because that's what burns first in your workout. Keep your fingers crossed for ME on my honeymoon next month! I plan on taking my gym clothes on the cruise so I dont get too disconnected :) Good luck!
  • sabes2631
    congrats on your honeymoon.. i say bag the gym idea.. I tried.. the sneakers came out one time!!! although eating everything made me feel sooooo crappy!!!!!