Feeling Guilty? Am i Right??

sd892310
sd892310 Posts: 151
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
Hi,

This may sound like a bit of a random post but I am due to go on holiday in the middle of May for 7days (my goal for final weight loss!).

Me and OH have been together 5 ½ years and our LO is 3 years old. Me and OH have not had a holiday together at all in the time we have been together, not even a weekend away. Last year me and LO went to Spain to visit family for 2 weeks but because of OH work commitments he didn’t come.

Anyways, the point of this post is that my OH booked us this holiday as my birthday present but has booked it for just the two of us, and LO will be staying with her auntie, uncle and cousin (we see these 2/3 times a week and have done since LO was born so all are very close!)….am I being a bad parent for not taking her with us?

We have got a 2nd holiday booked for 3 weeks after we come back and this time LO will be coming with us, and it will be very much based around doing fun things with her and things she wants to do.

This might sound a little random, I am just starting to feel like I am doing a bad thing and have had conflicting opinions on this.

Just to clarify it is not a regular thing we do, we have never been away before, let alone not take her, this is the first time and will be for 7 days, LO will be with very close family members and we have bought her her own special camping bed and she has her own suitcase she will be packing to go.

Would/has anyone else been away on their own before? Did you feel guilty?

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    i dont think ur doing a bad thing by not taking her, u deserve a break with ur partner and some alone time with him :) enjoy ur birthday break hon and enjoy the full family holiday afterwards

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Are you kidding?? No way should you feel guilty!!! My parents use to go away for mini breaks all the time & I swear it made them BETTER parents not worse. You were a couple before you were parents & you definately should enjoy some time being just that... a couple! HAVE FUN! =D
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Ok, my parents have been divorced for most of my life, so I don't have personal examples of my parents going off without us. That being said, I wished my mom would go do stuff more often when we were growing up! She sacrificed time with her friends and even some dates because she felt guilty leaving us after working all day, but I think it would have done her good to be without us more often! Don't feel guilty, especially if you're going on another trip RIGHT AFTER you come back from this one! You need time to yourself sometimes, and that's ok. :)
This discussion has been closed.