Having Mexican - Need help from Low Carbers Please!

2»

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I would stick with refried beans and a soft chicken taco if it were me.

refried beans have quite a bit of carbs
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    So I am going with Chicken Fajitas, with all the trimmings....just ditching the tortilla and not eating alot of pepper or onion....just pray there is not cake involved.....LOL
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Machaka and chili verde might be a great options....Machaka is like a roast with peppers and onions and chili verde is normally a pork stew with peppers....all depends on how they prep the meals and if they add cheese.
  • sassiebritches
    Machaka and chili verde might be a great options....Machaka is like a roast with peppers and onions and chili verde is normally a pork stew with peppers....all depends on how they prep the meals and if they add cheese.

Cheese is fine....tortillas, beans, rice, onions are not.
  • I did Frontera the other day , I ha dteh steak and chicken fajitas( minus Tortillas) I just ate the meat and veggies, that should be well below your 20 carbs. AVOID THE CHIPS. Good luck
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Its my birthday and a couple of friends are taking me out to lunch....Mexican is our only real option here in town...or chinese. I picked Mexican...BUT I am on day 10 of induction, hoping some of my Low Carb peeps can give me some suggestions of what to order rather than derailing myself.....or should I just choose chinese?????

Please if you don't eat Low Carb or do not have a Low Carb response do not answer, I like my healthy eating plan and need some real suggestions along those lines....Thank you

Order the fajitas with no beans and no tortillas. The guacamole, sour cream, meat, onions, peppers and tomatos will fill you up fine..............
  • Grokette
    Fajitas and double black beans. Delicious! I live in the heart of amazing Tex-Mex food (outside of Houston) and am able to eat well and healthy at most of my joints. Agree with above posters - ask the server to bring no rice or tortillas. Also, have your table mates keep the chips on the opposite side of the table. Oh man, I want some fajitas now...

Everyone keeps saying to eat the beans...........The original poster stated that she is in Induction, so beans are not allowed as of yet............

To the OP: Stick with meat and veggies, guacamole and sour cream. You can't go wrong there!!!
  • redfletch
    redfletch Posts: 8
    Order the food without the tortia or rice...Beans are fine as they are a slow buring protein but you want to limit them as they are high calorie also. I love mexican food and eat it regularly...no tortia and plenty of vegetables. Try to encourage them to go easy on the cheese and limit the oil when cooking.
  • Grokette
    Order the food without the tortia or rice...Beans are fine as they are a slow buring protein but you want to limit them as they are high calorie also. I love mexican food and eat it regularly...no tortia and plenty of vegetables. Try to encourage them to go easy on the cheese and limit the oil when cooking.

No, with what the Original Poster stated in her making of this thread - she can not have the beans. She is on Induction, no beans allowed.

Protein, Fat and carbs in the way of vegetables is what she is allowed to eat on Induction. Please, she mentioned this in her original post, please don't try to derail her.
  • sassiebritches

No, with what the Original Poster stated in her making of this thread - she can not have the beans. She is on Induction, no beans allowed.

Protein, Fat and carbs in the way of vegetables is what she is allowed to eat on Induction. Please, she mentioned this in her original post, please don't try to derail her.

Thanks a million for looking out for me! I had a taco salad...ground meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream! IT WAS Delish and 11.5 carbs!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.