Since the worlds coming to an end…..

Replies

• Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    The Mayan calendar ends December 2012 which many people believe will be "The end of the world as we know it" -REM (I wish I could put this to music to give the effect of what I'm hearing in my head)

Sorrry...the end of the world is now tomorrow!!!

No no, RAPTURE is tomorrow...end of the world is still 2012

I still find it unfair that the world is apparently going to end on my 6 year anniversary! lol
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325

Yeah...but we'll be embroiled in wailing and a gnashing of teeth until then. I don't think we're suppose to be in the mood to cook up so quinoa and go running...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    So lets say an earthquake hits New Zealand at 6PM their time tonight. Who's gonna **** their pants? LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I probably will but then I'll be raptured soon after so I'll have to hurry and clean myself up so I don't arrive in Heaven with poopy pants. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103

Yeah...but we'll be embroiled in wailing and a gnashing of teeth until then. I don't think we're suppose to be in the mood to cook up so quinoa and go running...

Is it a sign that I'm addicted to MFP because I immediately wondered how many calories gnashing and wailing will burn? :tongue:
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    The rapture is NOT the world ending. How many people actually KNOW what the rapture is? The rapture is when God sends his "chosen" to heaven. Not when the world ends. Only a few select people will leave the Earth and those are the ones chosen by God to be with him in Heaven. THEN later the world ends in a world wide fire. Fire and Brimstone. So please tell me who, of all the posters, really knows what the Rapture is. Because reading this, not many people really do.

it's not that folks do not know what the Rapture is, it that we like making fun of this group saying it is going to happen tomorrow.

While 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 speaks of the "gathering up" of those who are saved, the many years of theology (educated and uneducated) have have also combine this with the Book of Revelation, thus creating the idea of Christian Eschatology, to whit: Rapture, followed by the Tribulation, followed by the Millinum, ending with final judgment and eternity.

So, yeah some of us do know what the Rapture is and are just making light of this latest end of the world. :happy:

Exactly…for those who believe that Christ will come like a thief in the night know that this is all so funny.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    It was funny 3 days ago, the first time I heard about it. Now it is getting annoying and Im sick of hearing it. The same thing when Osama died. Big deal move on.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    If it ends rightnow, not concerned bc I know where my family and I are headed, but my 7 yr old is a little worried about the dog....lol

Well my dog has a soul I don'r know about yours….lol

Hee hee...MY pup will go with me (wherever we end up ;-)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    :wink: yay! so we have 'til october to reach our target weight, then enter the gates of heaven lookin' dam good :glasses:
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    If it ends rightnow, not concerned bc I know where my family and I are headed, but my 7 yr old is a little worried about the dog....lol

Well my dog has a soul I don'r know about yours….lol

More dogs will make it to heaven than people...they tend to behave much better then people!
    (and before someone replies, yes, I know...by faith, not works)
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    :wink: yay! so we have 'til october to reach our target weight, then enter the gates of heaven lookin' dam good :glasses:

That's a great plan.
  • xxx29
    xxx29 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm going to make a prediction. Every person on here's world will end within the next 100 years or so.

Are you ready?
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Uh.... I don't mean to alarm anyone but....

RT @BreakingNews Small earthquake, preliminary 3.1 magnitude, rocks Hawaii, no inuries reported http://on.doi.gov/

RT @BreakingNews Moderate 4.8-magnitude earthquake strikes near Solomon Islands, South Pacific http://on.doi.gov/mzlNvF

RT @BreakingNews 5.6-magnitude earthquake strikes near South Sandwich Islands, no tsunami warning issued http://on.doi.gov/lfpxtJ

I'm actually not 100% sure but I think it's 6:00pm there already....
  • heart_explodes
    heart_explodes Posts: 48 Member
    Just to be clear I don't actually believe the Rapture is going to happen, that's just a scary coincidence.
    If it hits NZ and then me (live in AUS) maybe then I'll be a little scared lol
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    hahahaha awesome
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    well they predicted it would start in New Zealand and nothing happened there. and If no one disappeared from Hawaii or any of those other places then chalk it up to there on fault lines and have earth quacks all the time. Plus those look like small earth quakes to me >.>
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    It was funny 3 days ago, the first time I heard about it. Now it is getting annoying and Im sick of hearing it. The same thing when Osama died. Big deal move on.

So...you're sick of hearing about it. But you purposively sought out this very clearly labeled thread...a humor thread, mind you... to expound on how annoying this is and to tell us how we should all move on...

Sounds like your idea of fun is being annoyed. Well...I'm happy to oblige.
This discussion has been closed.