Beating the sweet craving

2»

Replies

• flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    I eat fruit. usually an apple. I love the apple idea of slicing them thin and baking them. very cool. I have been baking the whole apple, cored with a tsp of sf honey and brown sugar with a smidge of butter. your idea is much easier and better, I even have just the right slicer:tongue: I also bake meringue cookies, its just egg whites beaten to stiff peaks with a tsp of peppermint or other extract and enough splenda to sweeten it. bake them slowly for about an hour and munch away. its all protein.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I eat an apple, and I don't bring the treats home anymore from the store - in any shape or form. All that does for me is open the flood gates to binge city. :happy:

I have the same problem. One little stick of something, or bar of something, isn't enough - I eat the whole blasted package.

I have sugar-free cocoa in the house, and do have that, but often have to have 2 to make me satisfy my sweets craving. :ohwell:

So now I stick to sugar-free jello and am going to try fruits instead, even though they don't often satisfy the sweets craving - or haven't, as yet. *sigh*
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    i hate chocolate so sweet cravings really dont happen alot but when they do i love a fruit and yougurt smoothie. 4-5 ice cubes, 1/2 cup juice (i use light oj), 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit, 1 cup dannon light and fit yogurt. very filling and tasty.
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    frozen yoghurt. just a little bit though. :)
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    frozen yoghurt. just a little bit though. :)
  • amye353
    amye353 Posts: 21 Member
    try slicing up and apple sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon, heat in the microwave for 30-60 sec. it's very good--and hot.
  • they make this gum that stops sugar cravings by making sweets taste gross after you chew, i guess it's supposed to help you stop eating sugar by making you not want it like a learned behavior or whatever.

http://www.sugarest.com/
  • morrius
    morrius Posts: 16
    i found a great fudge bar that is only 100 calories per bar, and not bad for fat either, 25g. taste great and fills the sweet craving and for me the ice cream craving all in one. look for it in walmart, you will see the 100 calorie fudgsicle.