TOM motivation

nicxox
nicxox Posts: 175 Member
edited 2:23PM in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been using this website since sunday and been doing so well sticking to the goals that I have been given, and was already feeling loads better for it. But today my worst enemy TOM decided to pay a visit and I've felt rubbish all day, had no motivation to exercise and ended up ordering in Dominos ='( Now I feel even worse than I did before, just wondering how other people manage to keep motivated during TOM and avoid those cravings??

Nic

Replies

• sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    I was feeling meh today as well. I just realized that it is almost my TOM. Ugh. I take a multivitamin and that sometimes helps. Think it is because of the iron and such.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    I can tell you what works for me: drink lots of water, get some extra rest, and don't weigh yourself during TOM because you're retaining water...and when I've had a craving, I usually have a little of whatever it is that I'm craving--like if I want chocolate, I'll have a spoonful of Nutella or 1 or 2 pieces of dark chocolate, but I won't bring a huge bag of candy or anything into the house anymore.

I feel better if I at least do some walking during TOM because the exercise makes me feel less crampy.

(Funny you should mention pizza, I had a huge craving for pizza last night, but am waiting for a replacement debit card in the mail (mine was stolen) and I did not have enough cash on me to order one...that kinda took care of the desire for pizza lol...)

Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    I don't let TOM stop me. I just treat it as any other day. Usually when I get up and get moving, I feel tons better. Just prove you are the boss of your own body and don't let it rule you!! If you must have pizza, order the thinnest crust possible and veggie pizza isn't too bad in calories. That is how I get my pizza fix. Good luck to you:)
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    I wasn't totally bad, I did order reduced fat cheese on my pizza lol. I suppose I'll just have to take this as a lesson, now I know that rubbish food will make me feel... rubbish! Thanks for the replies =)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Nettle tea ! really sucks as a taste but does the trick and I have no cravings after I drink it .
This discussion has been closed.