i messed up today

BeckyReba
BeckyReba Posts: 43 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
so, i messed up today and ate WAY more calories than i should have, all because of one stupid sandwich! how do i get myself feeling like i can get back on track? :/

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    so, i messed up today and ate WAY more calories than i should have, all because of one stupid sandwich! how do i get myself feeling like i can get back on track? :( i just feel like a failure.

Well, I think you've taken teh hardest step already: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of what you did.
    Now, get off the pity party bus and get your butte moving! Burn those calories baby!!

have a great one! :flowerforyou:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! Just get right back on track for the rest of day and forget about it!
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    drink water and go for a walk. AND REMEMBER TOMORROW IS A DIFFERENT DAY. Dont beat yourself up, pick yourself up and dust yourself off and do the day over tomorrow.
  • I agree with the above poster. I myself on mess up days, chose to not log...SO GOOD FOR YOU! You are not a failure. A failure would have deleted their account.
    TOmorrow is a new day. Drink some water, go for a walk if you can...
    I wish I had the courage you do to fess up when you mess up!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    i eat one or two cheat meals a week. totally ok, its normal to let yourself indulge sometimes. It's life.....just get back on the wagon and be happy. Regret and feelings of sadness about it will just make you want to eat more...
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    You can get back on track very easily by getting a good night's sleep. When you wake up tomorrow, you're faced with the bright possibility of success on a new day.

Don't beat yourself up! Life is far too short.
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    excercise as much of it off as you can, eat better the rest of the day, drink lots of water, and plan out good meals and snacks the rest of the week. Its alright, it happens, just be aware of it and move on!
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    I really recommend getting yourself into the 80/20 mindset. It's not reasonable to expect that you're going to eat right 100% of the time. You may be able to do it for awhile, but it's no fun and it's certainly not sustainable. I think that if I am satisfied that I make good food choices 80% of the time, I still lose. It's slower, but more sustainable, and I don't feel deprived all the time.

It's a marathon, not a sprint! And when you run a marathon, you don't expect to run your absolute fastest. Slow and steady!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Try to behave the rest of the day. Move on and know that tomorrow is a new day!
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    you know part of what i consider all this is a lifestyle change and for me i cant change my lifestyle if i know im never going to have the things i love so much. only now i hardly have them but i know in the back of my mind i can have them every once in a while in moderation. when i deprive myself of ever having that stuff again then i just binge. So as part of my lifestyle change is knowing that i wont be doing it ever day or ever week for certian but if i slip up its not the end of the world. Just because it happened doesnt mean you cant still make good choices. just get back on the track of making good choices. After already being 155 lbs and then losing my mother at 17 and having had two kids... making a good lifestyle change... these are my results.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Momcharisma88/view/woke-up-to-an-nsv-that-made-me-cry-95809 ....

impossible = im possible
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! Just get right back on track for the rest of day and forget about it!

Exactly. No one says it's pass/fail, and everyone makes mistakes and slips. Sometimes I think our subconscious mind wants us to fail so it can use shame to hurt us and to make us seek comfort in food. Well, me, anyway.

Just shake off the dust and get back on the wagon. You're among friends, not competitors.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    go for a walk.....
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    I really messed up one day too... but funny thing, it didn't effect my weight loss that week at all. But, I did get right back on the wagon the next day. Sometimes, it's just gonna happen like that. I had no idea that my lunch was 900 calories that day! I blew it and didn't even know I was blowing it until I typed it in my food log. Anyway, sometimes the extra calories gives you a boost! Crazy, but it worked for me. :-)
This discussion has been closed.