Any non or little exercisers out there?

2»

Replies

• airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    I feel you on this one. It is hard to get motivated to work out, I have had my battles where I go for two weeks with nothing but walking, I am now down to my last 15lbs and it is getting harder to lose. So I joined here for starters to really be accountable for what I eat. And I have told myself you just have to do it, but I have decided to do things I know I will really commit to and actually do. I am not a gym person at all, so I started running outside with a goal of a 5K, and it worked I am running twice a week now. But it still is hard to get out there and run somedays, and I missed one here and there, but the idea is to not beat yourself up and give a little wiggle room to yourself, the 80 / 20 rule. Also find things you like to do. I play tennis with my boyfriend an hour passes like nothing, I swim once a week and set a new goal each time, I also joined a beach volleyball league for the summer. How about bike riding or other sports? There has to be something you like, and with summer around the corner you should be able to get a good routine going so by fall its just another day for you. Also check your local park district they usually have cheap classes, maybe get a friend or family member to do one night a week with you, it helps to have someone that is counting on you to show up.

Hope that helps and good luck