Winos - staying on track

2»

Replies

• mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Holy holy. How did I miss this - I need to join this group!!!!

Okay, to sum up: I love wine more than carbs, more than shoes and sometimes more than my husband. :smile: However, I've been attempting to actually finish my weight loss journey and have been trying to drink only 2x a week. Over the last weekend I only had 3 glasses of wine on my 'drinking night' (Friday) so I was very proud of myself! But now I am having cramps associated with that great week every month and feel like wine is a better cure than advil...:wink:

Also I seem to have plans that involve wine every night from now until next Wednesday...so I think I'll try to limit to 1-2 glasses each night ... we'll see. Tonight I think 2 might mean 5 but the other days I really am going to 'attempt' to be good.

If someone ever invents a calorie free wine, please notify me asap.

How is everyone today - plans for tonight?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member

Okay, to sum up: I love wine more than carbs, more than shoes and sometimes more than my husband. :smile: However, I've been attempting to actually finish my weight loss journey and have been trying to drink only 2x a week. Over the last weekend I only had 3 glasses of wine on my 'drinking night' (Friday) so I was very proud of myself! But now I am having cramps associated with that great week every month and feel like wine is a better cure than advil...:wink:

Also I seem to have plans that involve wine every night from now until next Wednesday...so I think I'll try to limit to 1-2 glasses each night ... we'll see. Tonight I think 2 might mean 5 but the other days I really am going to 'attempt' to be good.

When you find that calorie free wine let me know - I'll buy some stock in that :laugh:
    wine does work better than advil for me for pain sometimes too:tongue: .
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member

When you find that calorie free wine let me know - I'll buy some stock in that :laugh:
    wine does work better than advil for me for pain sometimes too:tongue: .

Really, what can't wine cure? :smile: It reminds me of 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' - just replace the windex with wine. :laugh:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    that's what I say. :laugh:
    stress? - wine relaxes you
    aches and pains? - again, wine relaxes you
    it's good for your heart too (and mind I say because it keeps me sane when I have my 3 boys yelling and screaming at each other in the house)
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    I'm finally getting back into a more normal exercise routine again, since my kids are back in school, replacing the floors in our house, and having a problem with my knee, so now I can have the extra calories for my evening wine. I would still like to cut back to just 1 (maybe 2 :tongue: ) a night.

It would be hard losing with a kneee problem. What type of exercise are you going to start doing? Did you get your floor completed? I so try to limit my wine to 2 glases so I don't go over my calories. I had 4 glasses last night. REd wine.. so I'm thinking about 520 calories.I am really going to try to only have 1 tonight. Maybe 2:blushing:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    that's what I say. :laugh:
    stress? - wine relaxes you
    aches and pains? - again, wine relaxes you
    it's good for your heart too (and mind I say because it keeps me sane when I have my 3 boys yelling and screaming at each other in the house)

yes....and for added effect, throw in some fancy dark chocolate like the Jasmine Chocolate at Trader Joes.....o....my......gosh.......:heart::smooched: :love: