Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

sharing the food database

sopre1sopre1 Posts: 16Member Posts: 16Member
I have to enter a lot of foods into the database. It would be really nice if every time you entered a new food item into the database it was would be available to anyone on the website that way everyone one could benefit, and your food library would just build up.

Replies

• sopre1sopre1 Posts: 16Member Posts: 16Member
    I have to enter a lot of foods into the database. It would be really nice if every time you entered a new food item into the database it was would be available to anyone on the website that way everyone one could benefit, and your food library would just build up.
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Absolutely - we're actually working on this feature, so hopefully you'll see something like this soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • genygeny Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    Please consider also sharing subset of database within a family unit, perhaps for a given list of user ids - this way, we can limit our search to a smaller, more relevant food sets. But leave the option of doing a general search.. that is really great, too.

Thanks for this great facility. Our family finds it really useful.
  • genygeny Posts: 2Member Posts: 2Member
    When creating a food, I checked the 'share food with other fitnesspal members' option, but it still cannot be found when searching in another member's acocunt.
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Hi Geny,

When you choose to share a food with other MyFitnessPal members, we first need to review your submission before it gets entered into our public database. We do this just to ensure that the information you've entered is accurate, that there are no misspellings or typos, etc.

Once we've reviewed and approved it, you should be able to find that food from the other member's account.

Hope that helps.

Mike
  • sanlin20sanlin20 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
    Hi Mike:
    To help grow the food database even faster, will it be a good idea to provide the food data sharing option, not only in "Enter a New Food" page, but also in "Your Personal Foods" page? I have at least a dozen (I am sure other members have a lot more) that have been entered previously.

San
  • elmowoofelmowoof Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
    Hi Mike,

I absolutely love this site...I just had one question:

I was wondering if it is possible to directly add a food from the database to your food diary without having to do it all manually (calories, grams of fat). If not, it would be great if you could just press a button and have the food from the database put directly in your diary