30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 3 - September 15 to 21

Options
13»

Replies

• cassangelidy
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm totally bummed about not being able to afford a treadmill this winter, so I'm tempted to try this. Going to check out Walmart tomorrow.

Never too late - welcome aboard!!! There has been a few people talking about doing this again during the month of October too!! Jillian is a killer ..... but, oh so worth it!!! Hope you find it tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:

If an October one starts I'll join in! :) I just started working out regularly and don't want to commit to this in September. But once October comes around I think working out will be a habit again! :)
  • Juliebean
    Options
    And I'll see how my wrist feels tomorrow cause there was a lot more ground work in L2. I did all those exercises on my fists so my wrist didn't bend and so far so good.

You'll definitely have to let me know how it feels! I've been feeling like an absolute slacker because I can't do the full number of push-ups due to wrist pain. I usually substitute with other cardio or abs, but I'm concerned that I'm not get the right amount of strength training in. Any thoughts?
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm totally bummed about not being able to afford a treadmill this winter, so I'm tempted to try this. Going to check out Walmart tomorrow.

Never too late - welcome aboard!!! There has been a few people talking about doing this again during the month of October too!! Jillian is a killer ..... but, oh so worth it!!! Hope you find it tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:

If an October one starts I'll join in! :) I just started working out regularly and don't want to commit to this in September. But once October comes around I think working out will be a habit again! :)

I'm definitely doing this again in October, fyi. I didn't get my dvd in time to start on September 1st, but I've been doing it for the past 2 weeks and I'm definitely noticing a difference. Yay for shredding!
  • Joselem
    Options
    If you cant do the push-ups lying down due to wrist pain, how about doing them against the wall ? Try to modify the movement and keep in motion... I have modified some of the movements as I am so overweight... some of the movements/positions are really hard on the joints.... eventually, it will come. I have noticed that in the 3rd week, level 1 has become easier ...on to level 2 today, and I had an asthma attack, but took my inhaler and kept on going.... its good to push through sometimes.... but when already injured, best to modify... Keep it up everyone! This is really motivating... YEAH!
  • alisha123
    Options
    And I'll see how my wrist feels tomorrow cause there was a lot more ground work in L2. I did all those exercises on my fists so my wrist didn't bend and so far so good.

You'll definitely have to let me know how it feels! I've been feeling like an absolute slacker because I can't do the full number of push-ups due to wrist pain. I usually substitute with other cardio or abs, but I'm concerned that I'm not get the right amount of strength training in. Any thoughts?

Did level 2 again today and my wrists are still good :happy: I also don't do all the push ups... Like for the walking pushups I just walk out on my fist and walk back without doing the pushup. For the plankjacks (i think thats what there called) I just do regular jumping jacks. And anything else on the floor I just stay on my fists. I know I'm not getting the full strength training in, but I'm fine with that because this is more than I ever did before :tongue: I actually think all these workouts are good for my wrist because it should build up strength....Hopefully to point where I can do a "real" pushup!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today, this fine Fri morning!!!!! I did levels 2 and 3 again, 450 cals burned!!! :drinker: :drinker: Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    Regarding Knees hurting:
    I am working out on my area rug (on carpet) in living room- It may be because I am not wearing my tennis shoes :ohwell: - I will try my shoes the rest of the week and see if that helps.

I feel better when working out - although I still have my mommie belly below my belly button to loose; I can feel how strong my abs are above the belly button - you can see them stick out when I flex them - too bad the mommie junk below the belly button is in the way of those muscles - Think it is going to take a tummy tuck to get rid of that - but I can tell a difference.

Hey - I am in for October - either that or someone is going to have to come up with an equally strong video for us to alternate.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Regarding Knees hurting:
    I am working out on my area rug (on carpet) in living room- It may be because I am not wearing my tennis shoes :ohwell: - I will try my shoes the rest of the week and see if that helps.

I feel better when working out - although I still have my mommie belly below my belly button to loose; I can feel how strong my abs are above the belly button - you can see them stick out when I flex them - too bad the mommie junk below the belly button is in the way of those muscles - Think it is going to take a tummy tuck to get rid of that - but I can tell a difference.

Hey - I am in for October - either that or someone is going to have to come up with an equally strong video for us to alternate.

Oh my goodness - you need running shoes girl!!!! Ones with serious shock absorption! I can't think of a move that is harder on the joints than jack, skipping rope, etc!

Let us know if you find it better with running shoes (good supportive ones - preferably new or new-ish!
    :flowerforyou:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted for a couple days ....... sorry .....

I am still Shredding daily!! This morning I did Level 3 before going to work and working 11 hours ...... WHEW!!!

Planning on Shredding again tomorrow ......... until then ....... :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Toby
    Options
    Ok - So I tried by shoes today (new Balance) not sure if it helped - will see with a few more days of doing it right :laugh: - Always can use a good excuse to buy more shoes though :tongue: . With my work I have heels galore but go skimpy on the weekend shoes - mostly flops.

Think of another good video for us to do in October. I think I will get bored of this DVD if I had to do it 2 months in a row. But in November I will clearly pick her back up.

Did level 1 today - I think it is the hardest (cardio wise) and my Yoga - i am addicted to Yoga, didnt reolize how much I missed it till tonight. Need to get my Lazy bum up in the mornings and do Yoga and Shred in the evenings.

Hope to loose at least a pound by next weigh in :yawn:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Ok - So I tried by shoes today (new Balance) not sure if it helped - will see with a few more days of doing it right :laugh: - Always can use a good excuse to buy more shoes though :tongue: . With my work I have heels galore but go skimpy on the weekend shoes - mostly flops.

Think of another good video for us to do in October. I think I will get bored of this DVD if I had to do it 2 months in a row. But in November I will clearly pick her back up.

Did level 1 today - I think it is the hardest (cardio wise) and my Yoga - i am addicted to Yoga, didnt reolize how much I missed it till tonight. Need to get my Lazy bum up in the mornings and do Yoga and Shred in the evenings.

Hope to loose at least a pound by next weigh in :yawn:

Glad you did it with shoes!!! Should be feeling better.
    You'll do a pound! Good luck!
  • Toby
    Options
    Checked my weight this morning .. lost -2ibs :wink: I am so happy about that!!!!!!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I lost 4 lbs!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!

You guys rock! You all have been helpful, supportive, and inspiring! Let's keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I lost 4 lbs!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!

You guys rock! You all have been helpful, supportive, and inspiring! Let's keep it up!:flowerforyou:

AWESOME!!!!! We've not even completed our third week!!!!!!

Congrats and keep on Shredding!
  • JanCar
    Options
    HI, sorry I haven't been posting, but I have been keeping up on all your great progress. And have actually been keeping up with my shredding.
    Maybe this has been mentioned in the past, but is there any way of guesstimating how many calories burned in one session of Shred? Thanks!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 180-220 calories per shred - depening on whether I give it my all, or just kind of go through the motions! (I wear a heart rate monitor).

Good luck and let's see how we've all done with our check ins this week!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I did shred last night and burned 180 according to my HRM. I have been doing alot of other workout dvds along with my normal workouts. I can see progress, not on the scale but with my clothes and muscle definition. Since I am struggling with my food I have really tried to amp up my exercise.

keep shreding everyone.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hey All!

Mamakitty - I am also having some diet issues! I feel hungrier than ever, despite my workouts. I think it will always be a challenge for me!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess this is the last week of shred, at least for me. I did levels 1 and 2 today. I burned 409 cals. I was a little sluggish because I did it an hr after breakfast and I was still full. My plan is to do levels 1 and 3 on Tue, 2 and 3 on Thu and for the grand finale all three levels on Saturday since I will have more time for it. Oh boy, I am officially crazy!!! It has been great, I love a challenge. My plan starting on Tue Sep 30 is to go back to the gym to do some serious heavy weight lifting twice a week (tue and Thu) and some form of cardio the rest of the week but at least one day of rest a week. Have a great Sunday!!! :flowerforyou: (oh, I will report my weight tomorrow morning but it does not look promising. My wii fit told me I gained 4lbs since last weigh in about 4 days ago :grumble: I use a different scale for my formal weigh ins though)