Single cup coffee makers???

2»

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    So in short im looking for a way to better humanity by getting my coffee on those late mornings.

SO....what if instead of worrying about what kind of single coffee maker to get, you buy a regular one that has a timer? I'm not great at getting up in the morning before work some days, but when I smell the coffee brewing already, it helps. I set mine to start brewing about 30 minutes before I absolutely have to get up.

Kaye
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    I have a Keurig which I love.
    Not a huge fan of the flavored stuff because it all tastes a bit fake. But you can use your own coffee and use a reusable k-cup.

I love it for convenience and quickness...and I don't drink more than 1 cup of coffee usually if home. Plus technically, you can make 2 cups with one k-cup and its not too too weak.
  • TLR911
    TLR911 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi - I just have a very simple Black & Decker one cup coffee maker :) I've had it for a number of years and it works perfectly. Good luck on your search!!
  • brosehemian
    brosehemian Posts: 34 Member
    i'm also a keurig owner and i absolutely love it. granted, i don't drink a lot of the specialty drinks because to me, its not worth the calories. but i am addicted to the flavoured coffees. in terms of calories, they're the same as regular coffee - 2 cals for 8 oz. but i assume that there ar some artificial flavourings in them. to me, its worth it. the coffee really helps me with sweets and chocolate cravings which helps me keep the daily calories low.
  • jennpaz8
    jennpaz8 Posts: 1
    Got the BEST single cup coffee maker ever 2 years ago for my birthday. It does one or two travel mugs to go and then comes with an actual pot for when you are entertaining and need more.
    It's Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Thermal Coffee Maker $69.00
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Stay-or-Go-Thermal-Coffeemaker/6498734?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6498734
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    I have had coffee from the Nespresso machines and it was very tasty - very easy to use. These are more expensive to my knowledge though and I personally am not so keen on buying the coffee in little pods (takes the fun out of playing with grinds and mixing yourself etc)

I have a little espresso machine from breville, it is quite a few years old but works beautifully - even the milk wand is very nice - and the machine takes v little counter space - I buy either pre ground coffee or beans and use my coffee grinder - super simple, then just add boiled water and a splash of milk and im done :) definitely my favourite kitchen appliance!! For a single cup of coffee each morning I would definitely go this option!

I can also recommend the prima donna (not sure on brand, but it would come up if googled) big fancy do everything for you coffee makers - cost a LOT but if you want really easy nice coffee in the morning or if you entertain coffee drinkers and want a no fuss round of 5-10 cappuccinos then this is awesome - froths the milk and everything for you... you just press the type of coffee you want :)
This discussion has been closed.