Cashier - An exercise?

marjorie_c
marjorie_c Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone. :)
I work as a cashier and I KNOW it's burning some calories, but I have no idea how many, and obviously "cashier-ing" is not an exercise option. It was suggested that I list it as moderate/light cleaning, which for 4 and a half hours of work would be 944 calories burned... this seems too high? Or maybe it's not?
Just curious what others thought as well. :)

-Marjorie

Replies

• doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    maybe change your activity level to light or moderate depending on how many hours a week you work? that should adjust your total calorie allotment for the day so you don't have to manually add it.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    I work at a subway, I just list my activity level as lightly active.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    I started out as a cashier in the Winn Dixie that I am working at right now and by the time that I got home my arms were killing me. You really do get a work out .
  • Yeah, I'm a cashier at Wal-Mart, and I have mine as active right now. Dog food and charcoal bags are HEAVY, as are boxes of sodas.
  • I would include it under daily activity level too. If you are already set at active for the job then adding it again as exercise will knock your figures out. Exercise is that painful, time consuming, annoying activity we do...oh hang on - that is work! (i'm joking, I LOVE working out!) ;-)
This discussion has been closed.