Need female advice on wearing Polar F6 HRM

2»

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I have started having some consistency problems with my F11 HRM. What I have been doing lately to try and address them is:

1. REALLY dampen the electrodes on the strap. I used to just get them a little wet, but lately I have been running each one under the water for 5-10 seconds, and running my finger over each one to get the water to soak in a bit.

2. Tighten it up! I think I have been losing inches around my chest and so the strap isn't getting getting good enough contact. This really seems to help.

I wear mine right below my sports bra usually. I have tried to get it under the bottom elastic of the bra, but it seems to get even more inconsistent when I do that. One of my bras just doesn't get along with my HRM anymore - I'm always struggling to get a good reading when I wear that one. That's the one that has the widest band at the bottom, so it wants to go on top of the HRM strap. The transmitter part of mine usually ends up sitting right where my rib bones come together in the middle - right in between the two ribs that stick out (and my ribs are huge, so they really stick out - maybe that is my problem?).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    might have been said...

under your bra, with the polar name under your left breast as that is where your heart is.

i had a problem until I moved it the the left and bam....it is my bestest friend!:flowerforyou:
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    might have been said...

under your bra, with the polar name under your left breast as that is where your heart is.

i had a problem until I moved it the the left and bam....it is my bestest friend!:flowerforyou:

Polar name is supposed to be under my left breast??? :noway: I had the name smack in the middle of my chest and I'm pretty sure that's what the picture in the manual looks like.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    might have been said...

Polar name is supposed to be under my left breast??? :noway: I had the name smack in the middle of my chest and I'm pretty sure that's what the picture in the manual looks like.

I wear my in the middle as well (most comfty that way for me too) and it works just fine. Experiment and see what works for you (I have the polar F-11, btw).
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I wear mine in the middle.