Does coffee hinder weight loss?

2»

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Also - that personal trainer has a strong misunderstanding of cortisol. Elevations in cortisol are not always bad - the duration + intensity of its elevation along with frequency of duration is what matters. Even if coffee elevates it, that does NOT immediately imply that it has any significant effect on weight gain/loss.

Similarly watching a scary movie every night for a year won't hinder weight loss despite cortisol levels increasing.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Coffee suppresses my appetite a little.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I usually drink 16-24 ounces of coffee most mornings, and some times more through out the day, all black...and I still manage to lose 66 pounds.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    YES absolutely!!!

(if it's accompanied by a donut)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Why are you responding to a 6 year old thread? Just curious why this happens.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited August 2017
    It's a necro thread!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    People search a topic, find a thread, and reply. Checking the OP date is not a common skill.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    People search a topic, find a thread, and reply. Checking the OP date is not a common skill.

But there have to have been a ton of caffeine or coffee threads since then, and if you want to make a point about coffee why look for a question and answer it without checking when it was posted?

I understand better the ones where the OP has a question, since if I had a question I'd search for a thread (although I'd also check how recently it was posted in). Here, OP did not have a question, so why the search? Is this really the first coffee thread to come up? I'd love to know.