MFP Runners Club September 27

2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Kechie: How fantastic!!!
    Best of luck to others with races this am.
    WTG with the hills, Jess. Explain the Cardio Coach you listen to. And enjoy the in-law visit.

No run for me today. I need to get in 60 minutes of cross training. I'm thinking of TJ Total Body Blast with the ball. I love that workout!

My P90X should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait! (I think.)

They are downloadable workouts, cardiocoach.com and you can listen to them on your ipod. Coach Sean is REALLY motivational. The Press Play workout is very inspiring, all of the proceeds were donated to cancer research. It starts out with a warmup and he tells you different things to do- hill climbing, sprints, etc. It really makes you push yourself when you have someone in your ear telling you what to do! HTH!

Yeah for P90X!! It's awesome!

Ok, back to working outside. We are cutting down trees, picking up sticks, mowing, and doing lots of manual labor today! Have a good one!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    JANE I THINK WE RAN THE SAME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's awesome that your time was better than last month's race. Bummer about the computer, but how 'bout those firemen.......

I was pretty happy with my time. I just wanted to place in the race. This is probably the hardest course I've run since I started running again. Thank you MFP for the motivation. And thank you to everyone in here for the advice, patience and encouragement!!!!!

Oh, wow! It really is a small world! Congrats on your race!!

Jess
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran a 5K race this morning. My time was 26:20. Pretty good for an old lady.:bigsmile:

I set a new 5K pr and a course pr. I finished 6:28 faster than last year when I raced this same course. Also, I finished 2:38 faster than my previous 5K pr.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.

Way to go old woman! :laugh:

I run the same distance in 38 minutes so you have me beat!

Anyway, 4 miles for me today.
  • Kechi- Great Job

My husband and I relayed a 15 mile race today- I ran my 7.5 first then jogged the last 7.5 in- I am a bit stiff, so I might head to the gym's hot tub later. Have a great Saturday run everyone!
  • My husband and I relayed a 15 mile race today- I ran my 7.5 first then jogged the last 7.5 in- I am a bit stiff, so I might head to the gym's hot tub later. Have a great Saturday run everyone!

That sounds like it was so much fun!!!!
    It must be wonderful to have a team player like that with you.
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    "JANE I THINK WE RAN THE SAME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's awesome that your time was better than last month's race. Bummer about the computer, but how 'bout those firemen.......

Fancy meeting you here...... "

What a small world!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Hey runners"

First off congrats to Ketchie and Jane. Good job.

No workout for me today, took a rest day, but why do I always feel soooo guilty!!?? Hope to run tomorrow, though today would have been better as rain held off. Then again humidity is high.

Be back tomorrow

Carol
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I ran a 10k today. I had a cold and sore throat all week, so I haven't run at all this week, but I decided to do the run anyway today. I finished in 57 minutes and 29 seconds, so I felt pretty good about that. It was called the Best Dam Run and it was a beautiful setting and a beautiful day here, and I'm feeling a lot better, so all in all it was a great day.

Happy running everyone!