How do you stay motivated with weight training?

2»

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I think I may just generally enjoy seeing and tracking strength gains on a spreadsheet.

I also use the site mentioned in my sig to earn points for my workouts. Heavier the lift, the more points :) I'm sort of a gamer nerd so this clicks with my nerd brain.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Look into Kelly Coffey-Meyer weight training dvds (only 30 minutes) Up the intensity, and lessen the reps. After a while i found Jari Love dvds boring too (just too many reps). I started off with Jari but eventually also moved away to other instructors (Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Gin Miller, Ilaria Montignari etc)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Results also motivate me, and also if I have a workout buddy. I've said I'll be there, so I have to go.

I do an hour, 6 days a week.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Use your own body weight.

Lunges, squats, burpees, push ups, tricep dips etc - all using your own body weight for strength training. It doesn't have to be dumbells or bars.

Most of my strength training is mixed up within circuit dvds, that way, in short blocks, it doesn't get boring. Plus interval training cardio/ strength is an awesome way to burn calories xxx
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Look into Kelly Coffey-Meyer weight training dvds (only 30 minutes) Up the intensity, and lessen the reps. After a while i found Jari Love dvds boring too (just too many reps). I started off with Jari but eventually also moved away to other instructors (Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Gin Miller, Ilaria Montignari etc)

Good to know thanks!
This discussion has been closed.