Things we have learned along the way......

2»

Replies

• whalomgirl
    whalomgirl Posts: 35 Member
    I have learned that there's a healthy, satisfying substitution for almost any evil foods. And sometimes it's really fun to challenge yourself to finding that substitution.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    SO true! I have started to cook. Now I dont mean hamburgers and tater tots.....actually taking a recipe, making reductions, making stock, finding out that if you cook the garlic and onions 1st they get sweet, then add the veggies to keep them crisp.

Low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth tastes BETTER than butter when cooked in veggies, potatoes, meats.

MMMM now I am hungry again and I have 2 calories left for the night. Oops there gone cuz I ate a pickcle.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    1. Water is important...drink it...lots of it
    2. There are hidden calories, sugars, and sodium in tons of things that you wouldn't expect -- read labels and ask questions at restaurants!
    3. You can eat 6 mini meals a day, be completely satisfied, and lose weight -- so eat every few hours.
    4. Exercise doesn't have to be a chore -- it can be fun!
    5. Non-scale victories are most often a truer reflection of your progress than any number on the scale (I know this to be true but I need to get it through my thick skull and start believing it.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!