BUMP
  • Tallgirrl
    Tallgirrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11-6ft and I have shed over 242lbs and I also say that I am a recovering food addict.. It took me three years but that's with the binging and all. I love seeing other tall women with success stories wa6726rsgifn.jpg
    gjapgbf7i84c.jpg

wow you look incredible!!
  • jennygarofalo
    jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    @FitandFab33‌

You look spectacular! And I just can't help but ask... What shoes are those in your after picture??

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 & 5'11.

Before - about 185ish - t1849144_zpstcl4rhuw.jpg

After 147 - 2014 - My BF's Sisters Wedding
    IMAG0049_zpsqow4rxvu.jpg

Right now I'm 151. I'm good staying here and getting fitter. Honestly I don't see a 38lb difference in those pics. But there is.
  • rainbowzebra25
    rainbowzebra25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump! 5' 10.5 :)
  • buzzrio
    buzzrio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just come across this thread and it's great to see how well people have done. I'm 5'9" and currently 226lbs, aiming for 160lbs at goal and go from there. I get frustrated when people say to me that because I'm taller I can carry the weight off, and a couple of pounds over a healthy weight that might be true, but not this much! We all know ourselves when we feel good about our bodies or not, but seeing this thread and seeing how well everyone looks is such an inspiration, and a huge motivation for me. Keep up the good work guys and I hope in time I'll be able to add some before/after photos too. :)
  • cmoraghan
    cmoraghan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread! I'm 6'1" and 185 - my goal is 170. The lowest I've ever been is 169.8 on the mornign of my wedding almost 7 years ago. We've had one kiddo in that time and I'm trying to get in shape to get pregnant again! I would love to have some more tall friends for inspiration~ feel free to friend request me!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    5'11. SW: 215, Weight in "after" pic: 157 lbs

Before & After:
    IMG_1371.jpg

Now, at 147 lbs:
    a766cbc0d0055da2b0a483e798b593770159.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options

Great success! How did you do it? What exercises did you do?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Great success! How did you do it? What exercises did you do?

Thanks! For me it was 90% diet- logging all of my food with a food scale. For exercise, I did two rounds of Stronglifts 5X5/Starting Strength at different times. I'm starting a third round next week. I go swing dancing 1-3 times a week for a few hours, which gives me a great cardio burn. I also walk the dogs in nice weather, starting to jog more.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks! For me it was 90% diet- logging all of my food with a food scale. For exercise, I did two rounds of Stronglifts 5X5/Starting Strength at different times. I'm starting a third round next week. I go swing dancing 1-3 times a week for a few hours, which gives me a great cardio burn. I also walk the dogs in nice weather, starting to jog more.

I started stronglifts 5x5 6 weeks ago, & I love the change it is making in my body. but, I have had to go from 3 to 4 hours of cardio a day down to zero to 45 minutes a day. I was having a hard time lifting because I did not have the energy. I read in one of the emails from Mehdi, that will happen because your body needs time to rest. he said if you did too much cardio you would not be able to increase your strength. do you find that to be an issue yet?
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I'm 5"11-6ft and I have shed over 242lbs and I also say that I am a recovering food addict.. It took me three years but that's with the binging and all. I love seeing other tall women with success stories wa6726rsgifn.jpg
    gjapgbf7i84c.jpg

wow you look incredible!!

I'm speechless!!! and Hopeful!
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ftzirkshhjhc.jpg

I'm 6' and these are two progress pics. I've still got 50 more to lose.
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm 5'9" and just started my journey 6 weeks ago, but at 17.2 pounds down, I hope to eventually have fabulous before and after pictures to share. Such an inspiration see you all!
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can read every post!!!
  • BabyDee209
    BabyDee209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh this is awesome!! Amazing amazons!! Just getting started, day 9 actually... I needed to see these today!
  • rollette_22
    rollette_22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All of these photos are very inspirational. Great to see photos and stories of people of a similar height. I really needed a pick me up this week.
  • DaniYelli27
    DaniYelli27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'8" - represent! ;)

Started at 160, currently 151. Not worth a photo yet. We can do it ladies!!
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    you all look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!