Any ladies 5ft 11 or around with before/after pics for inspi

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

thank you for posting this! I am 6'1" and was wondering if I should make my longterm goal 189 to be in the healthy range. I started at 319 and am now at 261.[/quote]

Although BMI is a good rough estimate to help you set your goal I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm 6'1 and started at 250. I am now maintaining between 195-200 at a size 12. I would like to eventually move that to 190-195 or maybe even 185-190 (which puts me into a normal BMI), but I feel great, I think I look pretty good, all my clothes fit me and my numbers (health related) are excellent. I also am tired of cutting and I love eating. So I'm good for now.

The amount you have lost already has probably made a huge difference to your health and general quality of life
    . Congratulations! And good luck at whatever goal you decided to end up at.
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ALG775 wrote: »
    thank you for posting this! I am 6'1" and was wondering if I should make my longterm goal 189 to be in the healthy range. I started at 319 and am now at 261.

Although BMI is a good rough estimate to help you set your goal I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm 6'1 and started at 250. I am now maintaining between 195-200 at a size 12. I would like to eventually move that to 190-195 or maybe even 185-190 (which puts me into a normal BMI), but I feel great, I think I look pretty good, all my clothes fit me and my numbers (health related) are excellent. I also am tired of cutting and I love eating. So I'm good for now.

The amount you have lost already has probably made a huge difference to your health and general quality of life

Thanks for the response! I might check with my doctor to see what she thinks about a reasonable goal weight. For now I'm focused on getting to 220 which would put me at 100 pounds down. At 246 now so 26 pounds to go woohoo.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    quara wrote: »
    Well, I am 5'10, and here are my before and afters... HOWEVER... these were a few years ago, and now I'm somewhere in between. Hoping to get down to close to what my "Afters" looked like again :) I was only about 23 in the Afters, and now I'm 28, so I don't know if I'll ever quite look like this again.

Before: 175 lbs

before.jpg

After: 135 lbs

after.jpg

Wow. I'm 5'10 too. No way I could ever be 135. Looking great
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    ALG775 wrote: »
    thank you for posting this! I am 6'1" and was wondering if I should make my longterm goal 189 to be in the healthy range. I started at 319 and am now at 261.

Thanks for the response! I might check with my doctor to see what she thinks about a reasonable goal weight. For now I'm focused on getting to 220 which would put me at 100 pounds down. At 246 now so 26 pounds to go woohoo.

Checking with your doctor is a great idea. After a few months of maintenance at 176lb I got the itch to lose some more, but I checked with my nutritionist first. She gave me the OK to keep cutting until I reach 150ish. She said it will give me more margin in the long run (because we all tend to lose muscle mass and gain fat more easily as we age). So I'm back to eating at a deficit and enjoying the challenge :-)
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    emma3333 wrote: »
    roxvidican wrote: »
    Hi guys :smiley: Fellow tall lady here. I've started at 224 lbs and I'm currently at 189lbs with a plan to get to 154 and see what's what. I'm 5'10", below are my progress pics (it all happened in 3 months :blush: ) Congrats to everyone on your amazing progress! :smiley:
    l4jhqaq5nju2.jpg
    s6poa97idrut.jpg
    kqvmxe2ln01g.jpg

How did you lose 30lbs in 3 months? I'm desperately trying to lose 26lbs in 10 weeks.

Hey! I've only been counting calories and just going to the gym. I'm doing intense cardio sessions and also weight training. I'm not eating my exercising calories back, I just keep to my 1600 calories and they've just been dropping. Maybe my body type is also helping a lot, since I'm a mesomorph, and I do shed weight fairly easily when I commit to the gym. Also, I'm still a long way to my goal and the first pounds always come off the easiest - the closer we are to the goal, the harder it gets.. I'm not convinced I'll still lose 35 more lbs in the next 3 months :)
  • fathadrick
    fathadrick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft10, 210lbs and a size 14. I would love to get below 180lb. I can't use the heavy bone excuse forever. I have just started insanity again as I saw great results last time.
  • stephhcharlenee
    stephhcharlenee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Interested in following this thread. I'm 23, currently 205lb and 5'11. I've got a long term go to go down to 169 based on a mid range bmi but I'm happy to adjust as needed, especially based on some of these pictures! My mid goals are firstly 195 then 185 and 175.
    I currently wear a size 16 and would like to be a 12 highest. Not sure how the lbs match to clothes sizes though so these are all rough numbers.
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I can't wait to do an "after" I am 5'9" and need to lose 40 lbs to feel comfortable in my own skin.
  • inawscott
    inawscott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11", highest weight was 309, Dec 2015, to Dec 2016, now about 195., so lost 115 lbs. Still need to get to about 180 to be in a normal BMI, but I feel amazing and love the energy I have now!

Not sure how to get photos on this post...
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Exciting to see everyone's progress!!
    I'm 5'10 started around 196 this January and just hit 176 this week. YAYYYY!
    Goal weight is 145 because I actually have a smallish frame.
  • CaseySteenport
    CaseySteenport Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0". My starting weight was 267.8, current weight 199.8, goal weight 180. I started MFP in September 2016.

Awesome!!
  • daniellescottfit
    daniellescottfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I'm just now starting out... I'm about 131 pounds right now. Please anyone feel free to add me... I need some support and motivation.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump. I realise this thread is old, but it gave me so much joy to browse through it for the first time and see ladies like me! So proud of all your progress and wishing you all health and wellness in 2022. Look forward to coming back and posting my progress :)

I'm currently 250 lbs, 5'10". Would like to get sub 200 by the end of the year:) Been at this for long enough to know, slow and steady wins the race (tired of bouncing around every few years!). Cheers!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 11" and am 42 years old. I've been overweight for 13 years. This is an update from my previous post in this forum.

In 8 ½ months here’s the stats on my losses…
    42.5 Pounds Lost, 10% Body Fat Lost, and 5.9 BMI Lost. I was about to have to go up to a Size 18 (but never did - thankfully), and I'm currently a Size 10. I went from being considered “Overweight” to “Healthy.”

Measurement Lost Update:
    Neck: -1.5”
    Waist: -8.80”
    Hips: -7.20”
    Arm: -3.0”
    Thighs: -10.00” (L & R thigh combined)
    Bust: -7.05”
    Calves: -1.5”
    That's a TOTAL of: 39.05"

074-1-1.jpg
    Picture on left: Late November 2010 (approx. weight: 200). My starting weight on MFP was 202.5. The two pictures on right are after I lost my first 7 pounds (195.5)

353-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

032-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out." ~~ Robert Collier YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!!

Wow you look like your 20 years younger after loosing that weight! Nice work!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 3 quarters and 35 years old. I have been from 180 down to 155, 195 down to 175, and 215 down to 190 in my adult life. I am a yo-yo-er. I tend to reach a new high then drop to a new normal and on and on. Recently I hit 214 and decided it's time to get back to my healthy weight which I haven't seen in 10 years, even then I slowly crept up once I hit it.

My body type is muscular and hourglass shaped. I have muscular legs and arms even when I am thin so 170 is usually what I call my ideal weight. I am typically between an 8 and 10 in pants at this weight and its feels right. That's my goal to reach by June 2022. I'm down 14 lbs this month and have another 32 to go. I can't wait to post pictures too! This was always my favorite type thread in the past when I lost weight!

I have a fairly sedentary life right now so as a rule of thumb I eat around 1400-1680 Kal a day. I do eat back my exercise calories if I'm hungry.

Nice work everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!