When was the last time you remember...

2»

Replies

• Last night. My boyfriend was in a bad mood & yelled at me. I'm sensitive!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Last night. My boyfriend was in a bad mood & yelled at me. I'm sensitive!

I hear that. I'm not all that sensitive, but when I'm hormonal, I can be. Once, my ex-boyfriend and I were arguing about something, and he interrupts me and goes "I'm not trying to be a jerk, but are you on your period?" I lost it. I started crying so hard I couldn't even talk, and it scared him because I don't cry often, but that really was the wrong thing to say at that moment.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Crying? It could be a simple tear jerker or full on bawling. What did it for you? Be it a movie, a NSV, a scale victory, bad or good news, or hurting yourself. Share with your fellow MFPers what it took to open up your tear ducts. I know some of you are still thinking this topic was about something else, but PP and NewLK, bring it down a notch...lol.

For me, it was when my son graduated from high school last year. It wa extra special because at 2 months old, his mother basically dropped him off at my doorstep and said she was not ready to be a mom at this stage in her life. I was in the military at the time and could barely take care of myself. Unlike female service members, single fathers do not get the financial assistance afforded single mothers. Somehow we made it through. He was there through my college and during my rotations. How we had to juggle our living situation then. Lots of days, we had rice and hot dogs. If we were lucky, frozen Mac and Cheese was on the table for Sunday Dinner. Yet we pushed on. He never asked for much, except for the occasional video game. Life did get better after I passed my boards, and his new mom entered his life. To see him graduate from high school and now studying Engineering in college is a far cry from that "Moses in the bullrushes" moment of years ago. I guess when he graduates college, I will be able to fill up the Mississippi River with the tears that will be flowing.

What is your moment?

omg...I think this was the last time I cried...Your story is so touching and sweet :) He's a lucky boy, and youre a lucky father to have such a great kid! :smile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    That's a beautiful story! I really did not want to talk about my moment because I still ball about it sometimes and I'm tearing up now. But my moment was when my 13 y/o daughter was diagnosed with bone cancer. I not one time cried because I wanted to be strong for her and the rest of my family. My daughter, 2 sons, husband & I literally LIVED at the hospital (no joke!) for 6 months. Then after the six months and a hip disarticulation, we were home and about 4 months later is when I finally broke down so bad that I couldn't stop. Hubby thought he'd have to take me to the hospital because I could not stop. On one hand it was the release of all of the held back emotions, then it was the fact that the doctors only guaranteed 3-5 years more of life and then the fact that she was doing so great emotionally and physically and I was so proud of her. She's 16 now and is still the diva that she was born to be. :-)

This is so touching too! That must have been awful, but I am so glad your daughter is doing well now!!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    OH yea. I forgot to mention for myself. It is nothing exciting, as I don't think I have ever cried for joy (although i have cried from laughing).

I submitted an application to study abroad 5 months ago, and still had not been accepted by the school I applied to. I already studied abroad for 6 months when I was in high school, but I wanted to study abroad for a year this time...I became extremely depressed, since I hadn't received an acceptance letter yet....I cried myself to sleep, because I had not only worked so hard to raise my grades, among other things such as having to ask for 10 letters of recommendation etc...but I also broke up with my (now ex) boyfriend, turned down a friend, and my school coordinator had told me I had nothing to worry about (5 months prior). lol.

Funny thing is, 2 days after the first time I cried about this, I received my acceptance letter. :ohwell:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    That's a beautiful story! I really did not want to talk about my moment because I still ball about it sometimes and I'm tearing up now. But my moment was when my 13 y/o daughter was diagnosed with bone cancer. I not one time cried because I wanted to be strong for her and the rest of my family. My daughter, 2 sons, husband & I literally LIVED at the hospital (no joke!) for 6 months. Then after the six months and a hip disarticulation, we were home and about 4 months later is when I finally broke down so bad that I couldn't stop. Hubby thought he'd have to take me to the hospital because I could not stop. On one hand it was the release of all of the held back emotions, then it was the fact that the doctors only guaranteed 3-5 years more of life and then the fact that she was doing so great emotionally and physically and I was so proud of her. She's 16 now and is still the diva that she was born to be. :-)

Wow...and I thought I was strong. I wish I had 1/5th of your strength. This weight loss thing should be a snap for you after going through that and having your lil Diva there as inspiration. I spent 2 years working with Oncology patients and I feel your pain, but I know that as medical providers, we can only do so much, then we leave it in the hands of One who can heal both mind and body. I will forever have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Always,
    E.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    OH yea. I forgot to mention for myself. It is nothing exciting, as I don't think I have ever cried for joy (although i have cried from laughing).

I submitted an application to study abroad 5 months ago, and still had not been accepted by the school I applied to. I already studied abroad for 6 months when I was in high school, but I wanted to study abroad for a year this time...I became extremely depressed, since I hadn't received an acceptance letter yet....I cried myself to sleep, because I had not only worked so hard to raise my grades, among other things such as having to ask for 10 letters of recommendation etc...but I also broke up with my (now ex) boyfriend, turned down a friend, and my school coordinator had told me I had nothing to worry about (5 months prior). lol.

Funny thing is, 2 days after the first time I cried about this, I received my acceptance letter. :ohwell:
    Oh yeah...we going abroad to study. They say good things happen to good people, and it may not come when you want it to, but it will be right on time. Good Luck in your studies, and a good cry is sometimes as good as a good laugh.