What's working for everyone else?

2»

Replies

• Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    I was just under 150 when I started and wore a 10/12 so you must carry the weight really well!! Here's what has worked for me:

1 - I'm on 1300 calories a day and I eat back any calories I burn exercising
    2 - I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day
    3 - My calories come from 40% protein, 30-35% carbs and 25-30% fats
    4 - Right now my only exercise is running about 3-4x a week but I'm about to add in some strength training which I highly recommend
    5 - I maintain my sodium under 1500mg per day
    6 - I avoid as much junk and/or processed foods as I can although I'm not perfect (my diary is open if you want to check it out)

Wow, how on earth do you or anyone keep sodium under 1500? I can't keep it under 2000 on most days!! And I know that is part of my slow weightloss.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Fresh fruits and veggies. And more fresh fruits and veggies. The people I see who lose and keep it off are the ones whose diets are healthy. Stocking up on "diet" foods and calorie-dense foods doesn't seem to work for the long haul.

I've lost 74 pounds - most of it in the 10 months before last October. This is the first time I've maintained - ever. It's easy to lose the weight (I've done it many times!) and harder to maintain. I'm getting rolling on losing more weight now - another 30 or so pounds. (To me, that's close to goal! :laugh: ) The difference is in the amount of fruits and veggies I'm eating.

BTW, I didn't like veggies much until I learned to cook them right. I use fresh veggies, coat them in a little olive oil (maybe 1/2 t) and roast them at 475-500 for 15 minutes. (Asparagus takes just 8-9 minutes.) I've found that I love lots of veggies. I'd only eaten them "frozen fresh" before. Yech. I love them fresh. Raw in salads is great too.

This is the perfect time of year to tackle your weight. Good luck!

You must learn to cook them right or else you'll never eat them =P
  • zoecas2125
    zoecas2125 Posts: 27 Member
    What has worked with me is excersie and eating healthy. I try and consume at least 1,400-1,600 calories a day. I work out at least 4-5 times a week faithfully. I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. I also try and consume a max. of 30 grams of Fat a day. I also talk to myself in a nice tone, I not mean to myself. Once you understand weight loss is a journey, not a quick fix you will begin to free yourself. If I choose to go out with my boyfriend and have an "unhealthy" meal once in a while, I don't kick myself for it. Once you start seeing and feeling results, your weight loss journey will get easier. Remember, its ok to fall, it's not getting back up that is the problem. When you learn to love yourself and put yourself 1st, everyone around you will benefit.

5093613.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    I started "wogging" lol; I jog for about 1 minute then power walk for 2, 3 minutes (which usually ends up being 5, 6 minutes), and I repeat this for an hour or two. Power walking alone, I'm getting an all over body workout and burning an unbelievable amount of calories. When I log MFP is telling me I'm burning like 1200-1400 a day. So if you like walking definitely give it a shot! I walk about 4mph. As long as you're putting effort into it and not just strolling you won't believe how much of a work out you'll get. And no gym required! =P
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Dont be afraid to dump some food out I use to clean my kids plates instead of making my own and I really put on the pounds that way . {its crazy }
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Dont be afraid to dump some food out I use to clean my kids plates instead of making my own and I really put on the pounds that way . {its crazy }

I still can't break myself of this habit. It just seems so wasteful to throw out food.
  • I was just under 150 when I started and wore a 10/12 so you must carry the weight really well!! Here's what has worked for me:

1 - I'm on 1300 calories a day and I eat back any calories I burn exercising
    2 - I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day
    3 - My calories come from 40% protein, 30-35% carbs and 25-30% fats
    4 - Right now my only exercise is running about 3-4x a week but I'm about to add in some strength training which I highly recommend
    5 - I maintain my sodium under 1500mg per day
    6 - I avoid as much junk and/or processed foods as I can although I'm not perfect (my diary is open if you want to check it out)

Wow, how on earth do you or anyone keep sodium under 1500? I can't keep it under 2000 on most days!! And I know that is part of my slow weightloss.

It's not easy some days! Feel free to look at my diary if you like. I'm sure there are days I go over but I work hard not to most of the time.
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    want to finish reading but got to go. be back soon. great ideas here:smile:
This discussion has been closed.