• tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    FIL passed away this morning. Prayers would be welcomed xx
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: My prayers are with you and your family tiarapants :heart: (HUGS)

Kathy (Plantlady)
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Coffee time for me. Just b/4 I walk my beagle Bosco as you can see on my ticker he looks about the same right now. But, as soon as he know I'm leaving he is up and ready to go.

My plan's are getting to the gym today. I have been feeling much better mentally. I feel less stress now that I am working out again. It's slow but steady.

Now to enjoy my coffee and cereal.

Kathy (plantlady)
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends and newcomers!
    tiarapants - so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you.

My weight has been see sawing up and down as has my eating. I have an addictive personality and am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict.

While I really struggled with my addictions it wasn't nearly as hard as my food addiction. Differences of course are you don't have to use alcohol and drugs to live but you can't just quit eating.

I have decided to start working a 12 step program for my eating. I used to go to Overeaters Annonymous but there are no longer any meetings in the area. So I'm digging out my AA material and change alcohol to food and with the help of MFP I hope to get control of my eating. I need to be more honest and log every little bit of food I eat.

If this approach offends anyone or if there is a rule against it please let me know and I won't use MFP in this process. I do hope everyone is O.K. with it. I would be posting more and work at getting communication going more.
  • Nancyjsp
    Nancyjsp Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi All! I'd love to be part of this group. Looks like a great bunch of people! :happy:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning, Happy Wednesday and welcome to all new ladies! Getting ready to start my day at work, but wanted to say hi! I passed a great test of commitment yesterday and am very proud of myself. It is "Employee Appreciation Week" here at my job and we celebrate all work with different fun stuff for our employees each day. Yesterday was "Ice Cream Sundae and Cookie" day..... and I passed them up! As much as I would have liked a big bowl of ice cream and a chocolate chip cookie, I don't want to mess with the good thing I have going.

Today will be another test....... Ice Cream Sundae day again.... and to add to that, an employee birthday, so there will also be birthday cake! And I LOVE the birthday cakes we get..... they are so good..... but I intend to pass that up too. Wish me luck!!!!!

Hope everyone has a fun and fulfilling day!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Prayers offered for you and your family. My thoughts are with you!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amanda - sending thoughts of love and strength your way. along with a big ol' squeeze. *hugs*
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We probably already knew most of these, but it is always a good reminder to see them again,

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/20-habits-that-make-you-fat

Have a great day,

Jeannie

PS: I am at work and have no time to read posts. Hope everyone is doing well, prayers to all.
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone,

:sad: Amanda – I am sorry about your loss.

:frown: Natalie, I do hope you find some relief for the pain.

:smile: Jeanne, sometimes I feel as though MFP is similar to a 12 step program. The support is similar. Yes, food addiction is much harder than the ones you mentioned. I would love to hear about any AA tips that may help me overcome my poor relationship with “food of my choice.”

:smile: Nancyjsp, welcome. This is a great group.

:smile: Lesliecs, you are doing great with passing up food that does not work for you. Good luck with today. You can do it.

:glasses: I hope everyone is having a great week. I am trying to get back in my routine and focus on my goals.
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    Hi gang......

a very quick nip in here before I go off to Liverpool airport to collect a friend who's flying in from Madrid....ready for the weekend BBQ.
    I've been AWOL and eating!! I intend to get back on the wagon after next weekend for sure!!

Sad news Amanda .......my thoughts are with you and all your family.

BFN anyway

Jackie
  • middleofseven
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are doing great! Stick to your guns and don't let peer pressure get to you. We are all proud of you for passing up that nasty cakeand Ice cream.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!Had a busy day with my 3 year old grand daughter.Trying to catch up.
    Amanda,sorry for your loss.You and your family are in my prayers.
    Everyone have a good day.
    hugs
    jane
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi, this looks like just the group I've been looking for! Do I need to do anything to join? Only joined MFP a few days ago, so I'm still learning the ropes!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome sue!!
    jane
  • mkbunny
    mkbunny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am very glad to see this topic. I thought maybe I was the oldest person that ever joined mfp. I am soo amazed at what the site has to offer. Ive only been a member for three days and have been one to not follow through very well. Ive joined a challenge in hope that Ill leave to follow through better both for them and myself. I am committed to post daily, food and exercise. So Im very
    happy to find out that Im not the only old person here.................Together we CAN get there

7/27/2011 236
    9/01/2011 226
    GOAL 180
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Was at doctor's offices all morning, blood tests, and consult with primary physician, pre op ekg, etc... hoping that blood work comes back normal.
    Week from tomrow, scared, scared, scared, nothing more to say on that account..
    Not eating like I should, but still losing, am sure I will lose more during the recoup period, from lack of appetite...
    Not a good way to lose that is for sure..
    Welcome to all the NEWBIES...
    Great group we have here.
    natalie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options

My weight has been see sawing up and down as has my eating. I have an addictive personality and am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict.

While I really struggled with my addictions it wasn't nearly as hard as my food addiction. Differences of course are you don't have to use alcohol and drugs to live but you can't just quit eating.

I have decided to start working a 12 step program for my eating. I used to go to Overeaters Annonymous but there are no longer any meetings in the area. So I'm digging out my AA material and change alcohol to food and with the help of MFP I hope to get control of my eating. I need to be more honest and log every little bit of food I eat.

If this approach offends anyone or if there is a rule against it please let me know and I won't use MFP in this process. I do hope everyone is O.K. with it. I would be posting more and work at getting communication going more.

:flowerforyou: Jeanne, I have been inspired by my friends who are in OA and FA...........I've learned that it is OK to bring your own food to events and to say "that's not my food" when offered something like birthday cake that I've chosen to not eat. I learned that one of the tools of OA is to plan your food for the day and tell someone else about your plan........a lot of that sounds like stuff I've heard on MFP. Many people have a spiritual program at the base of their weight loss program. For a long time we had a woman posting on this thread who was an active member of OA and she shared a lot of useful information. Our women ages 50+ thread has long been a place for sharing of ideas and tools that works......we take what we can use and discard the rest and there is always respect for ideas that we don't agree with.

:brokenheart: :sad: Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss:sad:

:flowerforyou: Kathy (plantlady) how great that you are walking Bosco for exercise......dog walking is one of my favorite things to do......it is like meditating and walking with a friend who loves me no matter what.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Natalie, stay in the moment and stay focused on what you are doing right now and don't obsess on the upcoming surgery. Take it one day at a time.

:flowerforyou: mkbunny, welcome :bigsmile: nobody is too old for MFP.......I post on a thread called "Senior Golden Sneakers" and two of our members are over 80 years old.:bigsmile: I hope you will post every day with us.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sue, you joined this group by posting.......keep coming back and tell us more about yourself.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: my moving plans continue to move along :laugh: plans are made to transfer utilities and for boarding the animals for several days while the move takes place.
  • plantlady99
    Options

:flowerforyou: Kathy (plantlady) how great that you are walking Bosco for exercise......dog walking is one of my favorite things to do......it is like meditating and walking with a friend who loves me no matter what.:bigsmile:

Not sure who's quote this is Haven't read that far back. but, The idea of the 12 step for food. I also went to Overeaters Annonymous but, did not care for the group. So I did not keep it up. Just sayin. But, I do believe in the 12 step program.

Barbie :flowerforyou: Thanks on the encouragement. I am really trying to have a better out look on life. Going back to church will help me also. I haven't been in years. So, I excited to put my life in Gods hands. For so long I tried to do it on my own, especially after losing my precious mom, I really was upset with God, and very afraid of dying myself so I need God back so he can take over not me.

Just sayin

:heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy (plantlady)
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning all. I finally put my mind to it, I am back on track. I was doing pretty good getting out there and moving it ... then yesterday I went water tubing ... got thrown off and rode the rapids without a tube. Hit a couple of boulders with my lower back ... OUCH!!! If you ever decide to try this I highly recommend you stay on the tube. Had x-rays this morning and am on some nice little pills for a while. Hopefully I'll snap back quick enough to get my move on again. Anyway ... just thought I'd pop on and say hi and wish you all a wonderful day.

owY-169-1.gif?height=400&scale=max&width=400