Anybody else not care how much they weigh as long as they lo

13»

Replies

• lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    meee. just wanna look good in the mirror!
  • Yeah !
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Lol yep When i look in the mirror and say i'd hit that. Then I'm where I wanna be haha

How about when I look at you and say " I wanna hit that"?? lol
    [/quote]

Lol that works too;-)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Yeah, numbers are great and all, but it's definately how you feel and look. Take me for example, I think 240 MIGHT be a good weight for me, but I'll never truly know until I get there.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Same!! I can generally gauge how I'll look at a certain lower weight compared to a certain higher weight, but pretty much every time I've gained some weight, it's been fat and muscle, because I never stop lifting! :love: I am aiming for 125-130, but I might love 132 or 118. Who knows. I already like how I look, just want my legs a bit more lean.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    That's how I felt even when I started on here. I just wanted to be healthier and happier with how I looked and felt. My goal was to be able to run a 5k. I figured if I could run the whole distance, then I was in pretty good shape, no matter what the scale or BMI said.

I really didn't think weight loss was a possibility for me. I thought my body was at it's happy place, just a tad bit overweight, which seemed ok for being 38. I wasn't going to compromise the food that I loved to have a skinnier *kitten*.

Turns out I didn't need to. I still enjoy the foods I love. I just pay attention to portions and don't mindlessly graze on foods, and fell in love with exercising. I never felt deprived. I never turned down a dessert or drink by saying, "I can't..."

Losing weight is fun. It's a great sense of accomplishment watching the numbers drop. But in the end, the numbers are meaningless. At the point I'm at now, I probably won't lose more than a few more pounds, and I might even gain a few while I'm continuing to get more fit.

And not only can I run a 5k, and a lot more, I can run it uphill and on trails. I can jump fire and scale walls and crawl through mud. In a bikini top and mini-kilt. And that is way more fun than watching a number drop.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    I was weight obsessed until I got into that healtyh BMI.
    Now looking good and having a nice toned stomach, arms, etc. is of more importance. :)
    Personally I think it's healthier for me since I can ecome OBSESSED with those numbers.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    I. Just. Want. Abs!! That and I'd like to be able to wear a bikini in public. May sound shallow, but I've never had a flat stomach.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!