Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Rearranging food items

sanlin20sanlin20 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
Hi, Mike:
Here is another wish-list feature, not necessarily important. It will be nice if the order the food items appear in a meal can be rearranged. A couple of ideas came to mind: Like in Windows Media Player, you can select a song in the play list, and drag/drop anywhere in the list; or like in Netflix (Wow! they just added the drag/drop feature this morning), you can select a movie title and push it to the top of the queue. The Netflix version is, perhaps, simpler to implement yet reasonably practical to use.

Replies

• sanlin20sanlin20 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
    Hi, Mike:
    Here is another wish-list feature, not necessarily important. It will be nice if the order the food items appear in a meal can be rearranged. A couple of ideas came to mind: Like in Windows Media Player, you can select a song in the play list, and drag/drop anywhere in the list; or like in Netflix (Wow! they just added the drag/drop feature this morning), you can select a movie title and push it to the top of the queue. The Netflix version is, perhaps, simpler to implement yet reasonably practical to use.
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    San - can you give me an example of why you want to rearrange foods in a meal? Are you talking about "Remembered" meals, or just the food entries in one of the meals in your food diary, i.e. Breakfast?
  • sanlin20sanlin20 Posts: 73Member Member Posts: 73Member Member
    I am talking about rearranging food entries in one of the meals, such as Breakfast. Right after the food items are entered, or selected from the 'most frequently used items' list, the order that the food items appear may not be in the most presentable way. Perhaps, other members can chime in here, but I believe rearranging items is desirable in numerous situations: to group certain food items together to highlight they belong to a dish, to emphasize a time-sequence, to show main-entries first before the dessert items, etc. If the total calorie consumption is of only interest, this feature will be redundant. In my case however, I am using the food diary also to catalog my eating habit; something I can show my fitness instructor.

For example, my Breakfast items may originally be listed as:
    cream
    muffin
    sugar
    coffee

To emphasize that cream and sugar belong in my coffee, I may want to rearrange the items as:
    coffee
    cream
    sugar
    muffin

Presently, the only way to accomplish that is to delete some items that are out of place, and enter them again.

Thanks for taking time to listen :)
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Got it, thanks sanlin. We'll add it to our list of projects.