Breakdowns during workouts

2»

Replies

• mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    I used my cross trainer today for the first time in ages, I managed to do 15 minutes and I could have cried because it was SOOOO HAAARRD! I even had to stop part way through- so pathetic!! I used to use the cross trainer for 20 minutes at the gym just as a warm-up! I was really fustrated because I can't believe that I have let things get this bad.... So its not just you....

I'm clinging to the hope that as I continue to exercise it will become easier and I will be less inclined to have a breakdown!!!
  • mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Never!

wow, so unhelpful
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Well, not sure if this is what you are talking about, but a couple of weeks ago I was doing a workout and just really felt like crying in the middle of the gym. It really freaked me out. So I talked with a friend of mine, an experienced athlete, and he explained that it's a normal response. I was doing a high intensity workout and pushing myself into the anaerobic zone for an extended period of time. When you do this you can trigger your body's failure response to the fight-or-flight reaction. Some people get really angry and some feel like crying. I just backed off a bit and did some other activities that kept my heart rate in the cardio zone and was fine. But I was really relieved to know it was completely normal to have an emotional response to physical activity.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    If I'm having a rubbish day it can sometimes come out during exercise but I generally find it spurs me on if anything. Try just focussing on the emotion and using it to push you on.
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Well, not sure if this is what you are talking about, but a couple of weeks ago I was doing a workout and just really felt like crying in the middle of the gym. It really freaked me out. So I talked with a friend of mine, an experienced athlete, and he explained that it's a normal response. I was doing a high intensity workout and pushing myself into the anaerobic zone for an extended period of time. When you do this you can trigger your body's failure response to the fight-or-flight reaction. Some people get really angry and some feel like crying. I just backed off a bit and did some other activities that kept my heart rate in the cardio zone and was fine. But I was really relieved to know it was completely normal to have an emotional response to physical activity.

Thank you for your reply. learn something new everyday :)
  • micahman
    micahman Posts: 15 Member
    Yes I have thought of it and have done it. Luckily my husband was there and got me threw it. What a great support he is. I was actually sobbing out loud. But it doesnt hurt to do that. It did make me feel better. The reason why I did this is because I was struggling to do 20 pushups. When I started out 1 year ago I could not even do 1. So I guess you need to look at it that way. What you started out doing and what your doing now. What a big diff for me it was. And prob you 2. Good luck and sometimes a break down does help. It will make you stronger in the long run. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT TILL YOU CAN DO IT.....