I do not care

2»

Replies

• myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    I agree.... Although, I hope I don't get too careless. we're going to Jamaica in 13 weeks, and I'm 207lbs... I don't think I should be strutting around in a bikini, although I'd like to (if i wasn't so chubby)

Screw it, no one is going to know you there! ;) Strut all you want!

THAT IS SOOO TRUE!! LOL!!

I did buy one a few weeks ago & took a pictures. I plan to lose more weight in the next 13 weeks. So before the trip I'll put it on again and take another pictures to compare. I should be around 180-185 I'm hoping. lol
  • I've noticed the same thing since starting this. Just doing something about it is making me feel better. You know what else? Getting a tan sure made me feel better about myself too! :laugh:
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Good for you! I've had the same attitude change this summer. For the first time in who knows how long, I've worn shorts outside of the house. To be honest, this summer I've already worn shorts inside the house longer than I have in the last 6 years. I just started my weight loss journey but I am more secure about myself. What a bummer it took me to 40 years old to figure this out.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    I'd always been so worried about how I looked, then started taking my kids to the local pool and saw all the women out having a good time, often in two pieces with bodies that look like mine! The difference is that I was spending my time worrying and they were living!

Now I'm not in a bikini but I put on my modest, supported tankini and take the kids to the pool and just go with it. I want to be bikini material but have scars from surgeries that might keep me from wearing one in public.
  • froggy1057
    froggy1057 Posts: 13 Member
    Could not have said it better, I have a thing about my legs and my arms, have scars on knees from surgeries and I never wear tank tops away from home. The other day it was about 100 here and I actually wore a tank top to Zumba class. And you know what?? there were actually worse looking people than me. Wearing shorts other than bermudas would be really hard.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 497 Member
    I'm right there with ya sista! My body hasn't changed much, but my attitude has. It's funny how much better you can feel about yourself just because you are trying!

This is exactly how I feel. I am so much more comfortable with myself when I am trying than when I am too busy and doing things that take me farther from my goals. Even if I look exactly the same! Great thread!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Love this post.... Inspiring
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Beautifully said, thanks for sharing with us!! Always nice to be reminded that we are "okay". I am finding with age and acceptance that I too don't care in a good way!!! You are an amazing person!!!

“The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” ~ Nathaniel Branden

“Happiness can exist only in acceptance. ~George Orwell