Ravenclaw Common Room

Replies

• _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    *Progress towards week of 10/23 -10/24 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +1
    Food (no junk food) - +0 - uhh, not paying attention. Corn tortilla chips at the restaurant are definitely junk food.
    Exercise (problem area) - +0

*exercise minutes*
    October Month to date total = 225
    Week of 10/23 exercise minutes = 30
    10/24 exercise minutes - TBD
  • _gwen
    OMG! Just had my first frozen banana as per Azsuzi's tip from higher up this thread- immediately had to post and say that they are THE BEST THING EVER. FACT!!!
    Thanks for the tip!
  • _gwen
    Gwen, that sounds slightly nightmareish, especially if it's just for a potential employer... I hope you find something that works out better.
    Nikki, that's a good description. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there was no denying something funny was going on. Good practice in interviewing and negotiation I guess...

BTW, I read the rules on the McDonald's Monopoly game. If you still want to go, I'd get either iced tea or the oatmeal. Ideally you won't get sick on those. There are some other good tips in this article. http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/how-to-win-mcdonalds-monopoly-game.html.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    I do bellydance and I love it! I have a few dvd's I do at home,
    ScarletDawn, which DVD(s) do you like best, that sounds like fun exercise.

-Gwen

I use the bellydance dvd's done by Neena and Veena. They are twin sisters who bellydance professionally. They are not high impact, but they will make you feel it in the midsection :)
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Checking in! I am using the 30 Day Shred to work daily on my problem areas (it for sure covers arms AND abs; and some other areas lol). I am super sore but hoping it will be worth it!

30 day shred is awesome! I did it last spring and I could see and feel results right away. It kicks your butt in a good way. I'm thinking about doing it again soon :)

momofJandA -Congrats on your race! I just recently started running and I still can't handle the hills. To run that while you are kind of sick is really awesome!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Hiya Ravenclaws! I took a couple weeks for myself, but I'm back and now the proud owner of a scale! Woot! No more relying on the rec for me!

So what are the challenges for this week?
  • Hello Fellow Ravenclaws!!

Checking in this evening at 278.0, down a couple from last week (yay!) I also got 1 OWL for parking in the back when I went to the grocery store and earned 75 House Points :D Little steps at a time and things keep getting better.

I've got another busy week ahead but I'm going to keep focused and do all I can to keep myself sane and healthy. Hope everyone else kills it! :D
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    well, I did my exercise and spirit but the junk food is a lost cause.

So update today:

4 owls

exercise minutes - none yet....
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Hiya Ravenclaws! I took a couple weeks for myself, but I'm back and now the proud owner of a scale! Woot! No more relying on the rec for me!

So what are the challenges for this week?
    @Bethany - you can always find the challenges on the thread link in my signature if you forget. This week:

Food: No Junk - just say "no" to junk food
    Exercise: Work on your personal problem area 10 - 15 minutes each day

Welcome back!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    just a quick hi to all before work. didn't have a great day yesterday. felt a little washed out after giving blood then came home and had to bake for a pot luck at work today. needless to say, some of the baking went into my mouth!! went to bed early and i'm hoping to make it to the gym today. hope everyone has a great day!!
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Checking in. It's already a horrible week. Work is absolutely crazy, and I have a mid-term tomorrow night. As soon as that is over, I can exercise without feeling like I'm going to fail my test by not studying. UGH!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,035 Member
    Still feeling like crap . . . not getting my morning run in becuase of it. Still getting up and spending some time on the belly though;)
    Decided to add cinnamon butter to my list of no-nos for the week- that's a killer because I love the stuff!!

Today's Stats
    Exercise (abs)- +1
    Food (no junk)- +1
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Stats:
    OWLS: 9 HOUSE POINTS: 180
  • _gwen
    *Progress towards week of 10/23 -10/25 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +2
    Food (no junk food) - +1
    Exercise (problem area) - +0

*exercise minutes*
    October Month to date total = 315
    Week of 10/23 exercise minutes = 90
    10/24 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
    10/25 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Ack! I think I've missed a few days of posting. Missed my Ravenclaw-y goodness on here.

I'm actually using the 30 day shred for the first time, too, so we'll see how it goes, but I modified mine. I'm doing Kelly's 30-day Shred in 45 days.... >.> I was pretty sure I would die and quit if I did it every single day, so I'm starting each new one a little closer with a different activity on my 'off' days, but so far I've done it four total days and have been sticking to my schedule. We'll see!

Hope everyone's having a great week! I'm so excited about Halloween coming up. Must be the witch in me ;)

And now I'm off to work (gotta run).

Oh! Does coffee creamer count as 'junk food' or are talking more like candy treats, chips, pop, etc.?
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    Oh, and just wanted to say sorry that you're not feeling well to momofJandA. Sounds like it's sticking to you :/ Hope you kick it soon and get back to feeling great!
  • azsuzi
    Oh! Does coffee creamer count as 'junk food' or are talking more like candy treats, chips, pop, etc.?
    I don't think coffee creamer counts. You're right - its the candy, chips, pop, cake, cookies, fast food, ice cream...

I failed on that challenge miserably today. Someone brought in a tray of paradise bakery goodies to work and for some unknown reason I decided to take half of a zucchini nut muffin. OMG was it good! But OMG - 345 calories for HALF!! I don't know what switch it triggered in my brain, but it was in my mouth before I ever thought about NOT eating it! SO frustrating!!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Hello All!

I'm new to MFP, and my friend recommended this community. So I thought I'd drop in and say "hi" while I figure out how this all works.

Korki
  • azsuzi
    Hello All!

I'm new to MFP, and my friend recommended this community. So I thought I'd drop in and say "hi" while I figure out how this all works.

Korki
    Hi Korki! Welcome to Ravenclaw!!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Checking in. Like Azsuzi, I gave in to temptation today. I had a chocolate cake donut. It was good, but it tacked too many calories on for my taste. I'll think twice before doing it again!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Hi Ravenclaws!

I had a close call today, went into the kitchen at work, and there was a pizza box, smelt soooo goooood. I figured looking at it would not hurt, and it probably has meat on it, but i would take just a peak. Thank goodness the box was empty.