Scale question

2»

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Weigh yourself 3 times and take the average. I do that sometimes when it comes up differently.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    I actually did a lot of research before purchasing my scale and payed a lot more for a really nice one with GREAT reviews....and it still varies. I have found that my weight depends on where I stand on the scale (towards the back vs towards the front) and how I am leaning (on my toes vs on my heels). I have just learned to make sure I stand on the same spot every time and don't lean while I'm weighing. It is very tempting to lean forward and watch while it reads my weight because I want to know RIGHT NOW what I weigh :laugh: but the weight will still be there 5 seconds later when I step off the scale! :happy: Experiment with how you're standing and see if that helps.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Is your scale level on the floor? Make sure you push down on each corner to make sure there is no wobble... I have many spots on my floors where they are not level and have to move it around to find a spot where it doesn't wobble, don't just put it down expecting the floor to be level.
    I also get on the scale and keep my head up looking straight for a moment or two until I think they scale has taken it's reading.. then I look. I don't ever get on more than once.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    I have a digital scale. I bought it at walmart it work great. I weigh myself once a week first. Thing after I empty my bladder. I weigh myself in the same spot every time I weigh myself. Never had a problem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!