15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Replies

• mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    I would love to join. My starting weight is 166.8 and I would like to get down to 139. This 15 pound challenge will really help me get a jump start on my weight lose journey!

Thanks for doing this!
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    ughh i just noticed ....it happened again ....i wasnt on time...:) its okay next time..but thanx
  • jenher
    jenher Posts: 28 Member
    Cravings normally only last in the mind for about 15 minutes. I have the same problem so the first thing I do is have a piece of sugar free gum, have a glass of water and move away from wherever I'm at when the craving comes...if I'm on the couch, I go outside, if I'm in my office I walk down the hallway and walk a flight of steps. I hope this helps.
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Cravings normally only last in the mind for about 15 minutes. I have the same problem so the first thing I do is have a piece of sugar free gum, have a glass of water and move away from wherever I'm at when the craving comes...if I'm on the couch, I go outside, if I'm in my office I walk down the hallway and walk a flight of steps. I hope this helps.

It helps to know I am not the only one! Thanks for the idea of sugar free gum. I will try that. I see those packs of mint chocolate chip ice cream gum in the store- maybe I will try that.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    ok so i got all my water in today plus a lot more... and i for sure got the calories done...

Thursday's challenge:

drink 15 cups of water
    get 2 servings of fruit or veg in
    do something active for atleast 30 min
  • jenher
    I only burned 225 calories Wednesday, but, I drank the water and was under my calorie goal. I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 pounds since last week so I know I'm making progress. Thank you everyone for the support and keeping me honest.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    Hi, can I join? or is it too late? I'm starting Uni (mature student) on 12th September so would love to lose another 15lb by then.
    I really need motivation as have been treading water for the last month.

I've met the activity part of todays challenge.
    Thursday's challenge:

drink 15 cups of water - these seems a lot but I assume you mean cups as per baking, so will be on for that
    get 2 servings of fruit or veg in - 1.5 banana's
    do something active for atleast 30 min - done (horse riding)

Thanks
  • kittybells
    I only burned 225 calories Wednesday, but, I drank the water and was under my calorie goal. I got on the scale this morning and lost 2 pounds since last week so I know I'm making progress. Thank you everyone for the support and keeping me honest.

2 pounds is fantastic! You are certainly doing something right. Keep that pace up and think where you will be in 2 months!
  • SUNNY613

AWSOME!!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
  • SUNNY613
    porffor soory the group is closed
  • SUNNY613
    ok for the members of 15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND i am going to start a new thread after everyone has weighed in tomorrow...i will post a comment on the profile page to remind everyone...its going to be called 15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND WEEK 2(CLOSED GROUP)
  • SUNNY613
    today i drank my water, had grapes and strawberries, and went to the gym

Fridays challenge:

Drink 15 cups of water
    20 push ups
    40 crunches
    20 sec planks X3

not alot of people have been doing the challenges which is fine because they are optional but a bunch of you have not checked in with anything for a few days or more

hopefuly everyone checks in tomorrow with there weigh in

good luck when you get on that scale everyone
  • saigal
    saigal Posts: 14 Member
    i lost 2.6 pounds this week! I weighed in at 133.4 today!
  • jenher
    TGIF!!! I lost 2 pounds since last Friday, I met all but one challenge this week and I look forward to another great week. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • kittybells
    I lost 3.7 pounds this week! I completed all the challenges and my daily food diary (sometimes, that was the hardest part!). I feel reenergized about my fitness journey and for that, I thank you all. My current weight is 149.3. Bring on Week 2. Special thanks to you, SUNNY613, for keeping us all organized.
  • SUNNY613
    down 4.4 pounds this week which brings me to 231.4
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    I'm down 2.8 pounds for this week. Sorry I haven't been checking in. I am still on vacation & I'll be out of town for this weekend but hopefully by Monday I'll be back on track. I just gotta find a way to navigate these boards better... Hope everyone is doing great.

I did read through & I did complete most of the challenges unknowingly... which means I'm doing ok with everything. The exercise is hard for me but I am going to focus on that more come Monday also!
  • SUNNY613
    I'm down 2.8 pounds for this week. Sorry I haven't been checking in. I am still on vacation & I'll be out of town for this weekend but hopefully by Monday I'll be back on track. I just gotta find a way to navigate these boards better... Hope everyone is doing great.

I did read through & I did complete most of the challenges unknowingly... which means I'm doing ok with everything. The exercise is hard for me but I am going to focus on that more come Monday also!

WOW YOUR ON VACATION AND YOUR GOING GREAT....GREAT JOB
  • kittybells
    Finished today's challenge! I hate planks. I was under calorie goal again today- we will see if I can keep that going through the weekend.
  • SUNNY613
    OK EVERYONE IM NOT GOING TO BE POSTING ON THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON...LOOK FOR THE NEW ONE

15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND WEEK 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

SO ONLY ABOUT 3 PEOPLE DIDNT WEIGH IN...MAYBE THERE ON VACATION OR SOMETHING...WILL SEE