Have you ever eaten a whole pint of icecream?

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    I have eaten a pint of ice cream many, many times but not recently. I liked the article and want to try Arctic Zero products.

A few years ago I would eat TWO pints in a sitting!!! Can't imagine that now. I like Arctic Zero, which was being carried at my local Whole Foods until recently (don't know where it went!!)...
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Yes it's true, I've NEVER eaten a pint of icecream EVER IN MY LIFE. I don't like sweets. I don't eat candy bars or chocolate. Now if you offer me some french fries or chips and salsa and it's on :)

Oh my god... I WISH I didn't like sweets!!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Hecks to the yes. I wouldn't even qualify that as a binge. Oh girl, I have binged!

I think a person can eat a pint of ice cream with a healthy mentality behind it (IE not in the throes of a binge). I look forward to trying Arctic Zero. But it's so expensive, I probably won't eat the whole pint in one go.
  • leilahh
    leilahh Posts: 50 Member
    I've managed about 3/4 of a pint in one sitting once but never a pint (not from lack of trying, but I just can't manage it). Even before I started eating healthier I would only have 1/4-1/2 of a pint when I ate ice cream. I guess ice cream isn't my thing (but I do love it). Cookies, on the other hand... Well, I could probably eat an entire bag in one sitting if I wanted.
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    I've done way worse, but will never do it again--no matter how much I love Ben and Jerry's. I was still a healthy size and in jr. high. Sleeping over at a friend's house and for some reason she ended up really angry with her older sister. So she decided we should eat all the ice cream so she wouldn't be able to have any the next day.

There were three of us and it was one of those plastic gallon size containers of mint chocolate chip.

To this day I cannot eat mint chocolate chip and the very thought of it makes me sick.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    No, I've never been able to eat an entire pint, even if I tried really hard at it. I'm one of those people that didn't get where I am by overeating. I think the most I've been able to eat in one sitting is half. But I usually eat about 1/8 and I'm done.

I really want to try Artic Zero though. While I still wouldn't be able to eat an entire pint, what I can eat would be very low calorie. Since it's made from whey protein, does that mean it's high in protein? I know, stupid question.
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    I probably have. The thing with ice cream is that you never really get full from it.

Or at least I don't. :P
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Oh goodness, Phish Food and I were BFF's in college.. My roomie and I would go to the corner store and have movie nights and have our respective pints.. many a time..
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Never I must be the rare person who does not like ice-cream??? Don't get me wrong it does taste nice but I would not thank you for ice-cream don't buy it and would never order it when out???
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    I regret seeing this topic, cos I could totally go for some ice cream now.
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    now I want to know how good that Arctic Zero is! Its isn't sold near me, but about $7 per pint deliverd by amazon. Please answer me or send me a message if you think its worth it if you've tried it! because wow that is pricey. worth it only if amazing
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    A Pint hahahahahahah when my hubby was deployed I had an affair with ben & jerry's I ate Ice cream a few times week ugh It really took a toll on my body & emotions
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Lucky for me I hate ice cream :smokin:
    yup, I don't like ice cream - there I said it. :laugh:

I tell my daughters if they eat too much of it, they'll die.:tongue: My 3 year old won't touch it :devil:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Um... yes haha

Last time though was sometime last fall though. Ben and Jerry's is addicting... the summer of 2008 I was depressed and lonely living at college over the summer and would sometimes eat 1-3 pints of Ben and Jerrys a week... Uh.

Now I just don't even keep B&J or other pints in the freezer. However, I have kept the gallon of fat free or reduced fat and am perfectly okay with just grabbing a serving! So many I would be okay with B&J and just be able to eat 1 serving.... ?
    I've looked for the Arctic Zero pints, my store doesn't have them!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Many, many, many pints of Chunky Monkey. Just thinking about creamy bananas and walnuts is making my mouth water! But (hopefully) those days are behind me.

I also used to choose my meals in restaurants based on how much food I was going to get for the price. Then I would eat until I was sick. Just the thought of that gives me a tummy ache. :sick:
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    You guys are all so funny :) I have a really good confession for you. Last night I was on my treadmill and i was thirsty. So I went to my fridge and pulled out a coke, not a coke zero or diet but a regular coke that was left over from a party. I only meant to take a sip but before I knew it I was back on the treadmill and kept taking sips till it was all gone! I don't know what came over me! It tasted so freakin good and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty since I burned it all off....but seriously who does that!?!?!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Oh and another funny thing. I moonlight as a cakemaker/baker/decorator and ppl always want red velvet, which I detest! So anyway when I saw the Red Velvet (I think it's Ben & Jerry's) at the store I had to try it, don't ask me why, but I had to (this was like two months ago). Last night I was cleaning out my freezer and found my pint of icecream :) I literally ate about two spoonfuls and left the rest to get freezer burn. Ha ha!
  • Peekadoo
    Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
    My goodness...the comments on this post have given my quite a good laugh!

I have eaten my fair share of pints in my life. Baskin Robbins Pralines & Cream is the BEST ICE CREAM ON THE PLANET!!! You literally cannot stop eating it until it's all gone. And the only reason why you've stopped is because it is all gone!! Gooey caramel with yummy candied pecans...mmmmmmmmm.

Yeah...I've eaten my fair share of pints in my life.
  • Nicki90
    Nicki90 Posts: 1 Member
    Love the response!! To Funny.....
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Totally Yes!! Ben and Jerrys (dont remember what flavor) although the last time I did that was 8 years ago after I had my youngest!!