***TEAM PERSEVERANCE - AUGUST CHALLENGE*** (Closed group)

Replies

• 1beachteacher
    1beachteacher Posts: 12 Member
    Water - over
    Food - under
    Challenge - not pretty, but done!

:)
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 192 Member
    Good morning everyone! (well it is here at least:wink: )
    I'm off to the gym to do my press ups. It's upper body day today so it will fit in perfectly. I hope that everyone has a great day and are inspired by many positive thoughts. Remember positivity leads to success!!!
  • THANK YOU ROBBIE, KARI and KJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo proud of our team!!!!!!

I have completed the 40 up and downs (glad I didn't have to do them in public) and I did the 50 mountain climbers that Gary's Team Weapons of Mass Reduction challenged us with!!! I also stayed under my calorie goal and drank all my water plus some!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Well I was really bad today, I had a really stressful day and went over my calories by 100 cals. I drank only 7 cups today but I did do my 40 ups and down and the 50 mountain climbers. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 301
    40 ups and downs: yes
    10 glasses of water: yes
    Under calories for the day: yes
    Planning on getting up three times in the middle of the night: yes!
  • Checking In! Victorious DAY!

Under Calorie Goals by 32
    Drank over 64oz Water
    40 ups and downs Completed
    50 Mountain Climbers Completed
    Whew! I am going to plan that a little better. Did all the exercises at one time. I'm going to go pass out now!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    64 oz water
    under calorie goal
    40 up and downs
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    So...just to clarify...are ups and downs actually called Squat Thrusts? I was talking with a friend and that's what she called it.

Here is another video...maybe? Just thought I'd ask for clarification in the future. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LS3PunC_aE
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Day 4 -

40 Up/downs - done!
    50 Mountain Climbers - done!
    Under Cals - done!
    64oz water+ - done!

These were so hard...but I pushed through it! Hope everyone had a great day and welcome to the team godswonderwoman!!!
  • Yes Virgo the link you posted is it! Why in the world Gary didn't just call them squat thrusts I have no idea, lol!!! Thank you for calling attention to it!!!

Everyone thank you so much for posting. I'm logging all of this in right now and will be online for another hour or so.

REMEMBER tomorrow's challenge is 25 push ups!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Yes Virgo the link you posted is it! Why in the world Gary didn't just call them squat thrusts I have no idea, lol!!! Thank you for calling attention to it!!!

Everyone thank you so much for posting. I'm logging all of this in right now and will be online for another hour or so.

REMEMBER tomorrow's challenge is 25 push ups!!!!

Ok Thanks! I was trying to watch the guy who is like super buff do them, and I wasn't exactly sure what to do. haha
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Water : yes
    Up downs : yes
    Mountain climbers : yes
    Under calories : don't know :sad: I can't find the damn sandwich I ate & can't figure out how to spell it to google it (I've tried) and don't know everything on it so I don't know if I'm under or not. Sorryy, guys!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    THis is Jill's husband again. She wanted to let you know it was a successful day all the way around.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 619 Member
    Lori
    Have completed my 50 mountain climbers this morning - sorry a little late (time diffference) - can you still count it??
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Water: 15 cups
    Calories: Under
    40 up & downs and 50 mountain climbers: Finished at 15 min till midnight! 18.gif I do not however recommend waiting till the end of the day and then doing all of that back to back...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Just an interesting video - Squat Thrust vs Burpee ... the difference! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqKEu4_zSYM
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Push ups done (did them on the coffee table...still to weak to do "real" ones on the floor...arms can't support my fat butt) ... push-up.gif
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 619 Member
    Wow Christina - you're on fire today!!!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 192 Member
    Push ups - done
    under cals - done
    water - done
  • TY for all of those updates!!! Logging it all in right now. Still have yet to hear from 4-5 people who have been doing the challenge, hmmmm. If you haven't added godswonderwoman as a teammate on your friends list get it done please.

********ANNOUNCEMENT******** Gary has decided to award every team member across the board a point each day this week for the water and calories. No more after that. I feel like it's not fair to those of us who have been busting our #$@ off getting it done, but he is being extremely generous. Therefore, I would hope and I expect that this week was a trial run for you to learn how to drink 64 oz of water a day through the entire month of August. Also I have NEVER not one day since joining this site went over my calories and I definitely would not do it during a challenge. I understand not everyone is as committed and determined as me. That is fine. I understand that. Just saying I am in it to not just win it but I want off these #%&*! blood pressure pills. I want my health.

Sorry if I sound b#tchy this am. I love you all but I just don't find it hard to post on here whether 3 things have been completed. If you didn't do them you still need to haul your can in here and let me know.

I am one of the most patient, supportive, caring and encouraging people you will ever meet in your life, but I'm not here to sugar coat things for you either. Something led you to sign up for an account on MFP. You know in your heart and your mind that you are not 100% as healthy as you could or need to be. Then get up and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! No one is going to do it for you!!!!

Ok, I'm done yellin.

Love you Team Perseverance. Heaven loves you too. You were made to be more. You have value and you are worth the fight!!!

DROP AND GIVE ME 25 PUSH UPS TODAY, DRINK ALL OF YOUR WATER, STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIES (DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR NOT) AND THEN HAUL YOUR CAN IN THIS FORUM AND LET ME KNOW EITHER YES LORI I COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE OR NO LORI I FAILED TO DO IT.

HAVE A PRODUCTIVE AND POSITIVE DAY AND KNOW THAT YOU CAN COME TO ME WITH ANY ISSUE. I'M ONE OF THE MOST UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER FIND.

LORI