Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    The Plan:
    Monday, 6 drinks...vodka, soda, Izzy pom and lime
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair ???? I need to figure out a better plan for that one....8'ish
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 5 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Goal < 18

I went to dinner with hubs and had some quality time. He bought some pull tabs and hit for $200. Then, I came home and mixed a few more. I slept all day and was up till 2am, I had to do something.:drinker: :drinker:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Too much wine continues to lead to too much food and the scale moving in the wrong direction. :sad: So...I'm planning on ZERO alcohol for the next 21 days. (Takes 21 days to build a habit and I definitely need a new and healthier one.) I'll come to this great group to post my status. Wish me luck. (The longest I've gone in the recent past is 3 days.)

Good Luck as well .... I'm shooting for 30 days but not starting until after the holiday ....
  • nisijam5
    April, I like when they overpour...

Robin, you crack me up...

I would be up for a low drinky September; but, not sure how successful I would be :ohwell:

OK, lushes, what liquor should I pack for the fair. Thinking I could buy lemonade there and add my own vodka.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member

Robin, you crack me up...

I would be up for a low drinky September; but, not sure how successful I would be :ohwell:

OK, lushes, what liquor should I pack for the fair. Thinking I could buy lemonade there and add my own vodka.

BLUEBERRY VODKA!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member

I was thinking the same thing when i read that! Love when you find a bartender who overpours. SOOO rare! I'm such a lush. jeeeez.
    I vote for vodka for sure. Freeze it so it stays nice and cold. YUM!
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    But i might still be drunk from Saturday. That's JUST how much I had that night. :glasses:
  • nisijam5
    Kate, YES, Blueberry vodka would be very, very good with lemonade. :love:

SoCal, great idea about freezing it!! :bigsmile:

I knew I could cound on my lushy buddies!!! :heart: You guys got my back!!! :wink:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,239 Member
    Lately I have been adding Cruzan Black Cherry Rum in my lemonade. Very tasty!!! I know that rum makes some people "weird" . Great... now I want one, but it's okay I am already weird.

Sunday - 2 Merlot
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - Rum and lemonade...# to be determined.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Kim--Yes, ma'am. I'm in, if you'll have me. I'll send another PM for good measure.

So, 2 shots of Captain Morgan last night.

Monday=2
    Oh Yeah!!! Another lush... Lushes kicked but last round! So happy your playing Amy!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    I love your group. Do you take men? I drink wine. And tequila. And gin. And beer. In that order of preference.
    I usually have a glass or two of wine every night. Rarely more.
    I expend about 6,000 calories per week exercising, so I believe that earns the right to have alcohol.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0

I think that's all I am gonna get for a roll this week.
  • kblue2007
    I love your group. Do you take men? I drink wine. And tequila. And gin. And beer. In that order of preference.
    I usually have a glass or two of wine every night. Rarely more.
    I expend about 6,000 calories per week exercising, so I believe that earns the right to have alcohol.

Everyone is welcome :happy: And I totally workout for alcohol!!!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    So I've tentatively set October as an alcohol free month.

1) It keeps me away from partying and the bars. That's expensive and the people (women) I meet there aren't really my type. I've got about a year and a half left on this strict budget I'm on, and then I will be debt free excepting my mortgage.

2) Since October isn't good for cycling where I live, and too soon for skiing, I transform into a gym rat until December. The problem is I hate the gym. So in order to facilitate actually getting into the gym and not the bars (see #1), alcohol free could help.

3) My body can use the change. I'm one of those people that is addicted to change, physically and mentally. I don't like old music, I tolerate old friends, don't like old workouts, love to try new foods, new music, new friends. So alcohol free changes me up, keeps my mind and body fresh.
  • kblue2007
    So I've tentatively set October as an alcohol free month.

1) It keeps me away from partying and the bars. That's expensive and the people (women) I meet there aren't really my type. I've got about a year and a half left on this strict budget I'm on, and then I will be debt free excepting my mortgage.

2) Since October isn't good for cycling where I live, and too soon for skiing, I transform into a gym rat until December. The problem is I hate the gym. So in order to facilitate actually getting into the gym and not the bars (see #1), alcohol free could help.

3) My body can use the change. I'm one of those people that is addicted to change, physically and mentally. I don't like old music, I tolerate old friends, don't like old workouts, love to try new foods, new music, new friends. So alcohol free changes me up, keeps my mind and body fresh.

Wow great goals!!! Good luck in Oct!! I know I should give up drinking (atleast during the week) for a while but its tough, especially when I have leftover cals and have already eaten a ton of food!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Great October goals!

I was good last night, only one glass of wine. I haven't had any in a while and I forget how mellow it makes me...I lurve it.

Monday=2
    Tuesday=1

I start classes tonight (every Wednesday for 2 years, and some Saturdays in the summer) and I'd like to avoid the pit that my hubs and I fell into when he was doing the same program...he'd get home around 8:30, both kids were in bed, so we'd drink and talk about our days, his class, etc. We'd end up sh!tfaced and up waaaaaaay too late. :laugh: So, tonight, I'd like to come home, snuggle the man, and then crash. We'll see how well that goes. :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Solpwr, I think some people are doing Sober September. Maybe, you can get some good tips from them to make October more successful.

Amy, I like the sound of plan A better...

My plan is failing miserably this week. I need that contest to get started back on the sobriety wagon. I am not going out with hubs anymore this week. He's a bad influence; then, I am under the influence. How the hell am I supposed to get thru the weekend without any drinks. Hmmm, any takers?

The Plan:
    Tuesday, 6 drinks....3 Sam Adams @ Champps & and 3 of the above when we got home
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair, 6 vodka lemonades
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 18

Goal < 18
  • kblue2007
    Solpwr, I think some people are doing Sober September. Maybe, you can get some good tips from them to make October more successful.

Amy, I like the sound of plan A better...

My plan is failing miserably this week. I need that contest to get started back on the sobriety wagon. I am not going out with hubs anymore this week. He's a bad influence; then, I am under the influence. How the hell am I supposed to get thru the weekend without any drinks. Hmmm, any takers?

The Plan:
    Tuesday, 6 drinks....3 Sam Adams @ Champps & and 3 of the above when we got home
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair, 6 vodka lemonades
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 18

Goal < 18

Got no suggestions for ya Kim, its virtually impossible for me to not drink *cough*heavily*couch* on the weekends!!!
  • nisijam5
    Got no suggestions for ya Kim, its virtually impossible for me to not drink *cough*heavily*couch* on the weekends!!!

I know, I think I'm all alone dealing with this :cry:

You guys had better suggestions for smuggling drinks to state fair...btw, I am totally doing the blueberry vodka for lemonade, it will be PERFECT.
  • kblue2007

I know, I think I'm all alone dealing with this :cry:

You guys had better suggestions for smuggling drinks to state fair...btw, I am totally doing the blueberry vodka for lemonade, it will be PERFECT.

What are you allowed to carry in?? Coolers, bottle??
  • nisijam5

Well, not really sure about the restrictions...but, whatever I bring, I have to carry around with me...so, I'm thinking that I will freeze the vodka in an alumium drinking bottle and just pour some if it in the lemonade. It's lightweight and easy to carry. I won't be drinking too much as I am taking the kids with me this time. Can't have a tipsy mommy, can we?
  • kblue2007
    Can't have a tipsy mommy, can we?

Ehhh that's up for discussion :laugh:
    So the deal is you'll be buying their lemonade and spiking it...that sounds like a lovely idea!!!!