What are you currently reading? :)

Replies

• Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Federalist Papers and How To Argue With Idiots

I downloaded "Federalist Papers" on my Nook, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to check out "How To Argue With Idiots".

Currently, I am reading "The Land of Painted Caves" by Jean Auel and "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond. I am enjoying the latter much more. I just finished "The China Study" last month and it was awesome. If you are interested in nutrition and diet and health, this book is eye-opening and packed full of research to back up its conclusions.
  • jsjohnst
    jsjohnst Posts: 5 Member
    Lisa Scotttoline "Look again"
    read all 3 the girl with the dragon tatoo series & saw all 3 foreign movies.....loved them! :happy:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Just finished Insomnia by Stephen King and starting Imperfect Birds by Ann Lamott.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I tried reading Phantoms by Dean Koontz (to prep for finally seeing the movie) but all the library had was a paperback copy with teeny-tiny print. So when I go to read it after hubby goes to bed, my eyes get tired very quickly and I have to give up. Decided to forget it and ordered the audio version to listen to in the car.

Tonight I'm picking up The Courage to Start: A Guide to Running for Your Life by John "The Penguin" Bingham. I'd read about him an an excellent article about running in Maine magazine (April 2011 edition, if you're curious) and shortly after someone here started a thread about books for beginner runners and there was his name again! So I just had to find out more and ordered a couple of his books from the library. I've always been a fiction reader so this will be a whole new experience for me!

Noticed someone mentioned re-reading Little Women - I've been thinking about doing that myself. My Dad bought me the series in hard cover back when I was in high school and it's been a while since I dusted them off. Such a good series!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    I just finished "Jane Eyre" (For the 4th time) By: Charlotte Bronte

and just started "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro

Just remember... Reading is sexy.
  • k8edge
    My Horizontal Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That book is beyond hilarious!
  • k8edge
    "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Stieg Larsson... just started it last night!

"Jane Eyre" is on my "to be read" bookshelf! I was studying English education and have recently decided not to anymore because it was ruining my love of reading.. :/ i had originally bought it so I could read it so i could just say I did but now that i don't have the pressure on me, I can't wait to read it on my own time and for pleasure..

For reals... Read Jane Eyre. It is by far my most favorite book in the entire world. It is lovely, romantic, and dark all at the same time. It set the standard for what we think of when we think about a good romance movie. Mr. Rochester the brooding dark character is today's Edward Cullen. :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    “The Unhealthy Truth” by Robin O’Brien, since I just finished “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan. :) Love books about the food industry.

I should look into reading some of those books. I bet their interesting!

They are so interesting... definitely recommend them. Michael Pollan is amazing. Totally changed the way I think about food, what I eat, and how I eat.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Just finished: Atonement - Ian McEwan (reminded me a bit of Catcher in the Rye w/ the self-absorbed narration. 'Twas interesting)

Currently reading: We Were the Mulvaneys - Joyce Carol Oates & Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us) - Tom Vanderbilt

Traffic is comparable to Malcolm Gladwell's books...interesting, but hard to read more than a few pages at a time due to all the statistics being hurled at you.

I'm a voracious reader. I plow through sets of books (Sookie Stackhouse, Millennium Trilogy, Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games) & I've started buying books at the swap meet because they're only $1 :-)
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    The Dark-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon!! I adore her!
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    My Horizontal Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna read her books. She's hysterical!

She's my hero!! I've read them all after this one!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    good thread
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    The Dark-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon!! I adore her!

I was kinda interested in this, now I think I will definitely check her out.
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    I'm reading Joy For Beginners by Erica Bauermeister for the book club I've just joined. :smile:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Hush by Nancy Bush

The Search by Nora Roberts
  • Sometimes, I read a few books at a time. If I'm really into one, I usually finish it in a few hours. These are the ones I'm in the middle of now:

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
    Fear of Flying - Erica Jong
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J. K. Rowling
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,236 Member
    this forum..... haha no.. nothing at the moment but game of thrones soon!
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    I'm reading Rhett Butlers People. It is pretty much gone with the Wind from Rhetts point of view. I've read it twice, But I love it ^_^.. I am a huge Gone With The Wind fan :D
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Pride Prejudice and Zombies
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    I'm getting some awesome ideas for my next read.

I often have a few books on the go at once too, but at the minute I only have one because its a decent size book and I've not gotten much time to get it read lately. It's The Stand by Stephen King. I'm a horror/thriller/Crime reader really. I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz and James Patterson (especially the Alex Cross series). I tried to read Emma a few weeks back but my head wasn't in it so that got nowhere.