Hello!

My name is Michael and I eat too much. Actually, I eat too much of the wrong things and not enough of the right things. And, if you count drinking as eating, I imbibe far too many calories from sodas, which rumor has leeches calcium from my bones.

That's said, I am beginning, not for the first time, a new diet. I have a hard, but definite goal. I need to lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday, which is five months from yesterday. I believe I can do it and fully intend to do so.

I encourage all of you in your efforts to attain a healthier lifestyle. America ranks as the fattest nation in the world. Let's work together to change that (assuming of course, that you're from the US).

Other detail? I'm married, happily and long-term, with two grown boys (twenty-somethings, engaged) and I pastor a Vineyard church. I have been a public school teacher for the past 14 years, but I'm now full time in the pastorate.

Nice to meet you all. God bless!

Replies

• My name is Michael and I eat too much. Actually, I eat too much of the wrong things and not enough of the right things. And, if you count drinking as eating, I imbibe far too many calories from sodas, which rumor has leeches calcium from my bones.

That's said, I am beginning, not for the first time, a new diet. I have a hard, but definite goal. I need to lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday, which is five months from yesterday. I believe I can do it and fully intend to do so.

I encourage all of you in your efforts to attain a healthier lifestyle. America ranks as the fattest nation in the world. Let's work together to change that (assuming of course, that you're from the US).

Other detail? I'm married, happily and long-term, with two grown boys (twenty-somethings, engaged) and I pastor a Vineyard church. I have been a public school teacher for the past 14 years, but I'm now full time in the pastorate.

Nice to meet you all. God bless!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:
    Good luck with your goals. They are very aggressive but through proper nutrition and exercise can be met in time to give you a very happy 50th birthday!!
  • Truth be told, I'd be happy to end up anywhere near my goal. But you've got to have something to aim at, so I'd reather aim high than too low. I read your profile, you've been through the wringer health-wise, but you have a very good attitude. I agree, having a healthier lifestyle is in itself a really great goal, in fact, I think it's the best. Here's to you, your husband and your daughter: May you live in health and abundant energy. May you live long and prosper. May you know true peace and happiness. Blessings! :glasses: