Time for a little light hearted banter:

Options
2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've heard little about it, but I think my kids would have a heart attack if I told them we were downsizing presents :laugh: (sorry, I'm not laughing at your beliefs, just the thought of my kids reactions)
    I'm not one for religion, purely because I had a bad experience as a teenager, and I've steered clear ever since, I do believe that there is something out there, we didn't all just materialise one day.
    Everyoen has to believe in something, and I believe if it's right for you (anyone) then, that's just fine, good on you for finding it xx
    Sorry, did I rant there a bit ??? :blushing:

Wow, I'm suprised you have heard of it. It began on the west coast just a couple years ago. Though it has a Christian basis, I think the concept would apply no matter what a person's beliefs were.

I kinda am likin this idea... I had thought about buying livestock for foreign country villages...but this may be more...practical. :smile: I'd like my tiny-mite to know about why Christmas is even celebrated.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm suprised you have heard of it. It began on the west coast just a couple years ago. Though it has a Christian basis, I think the concept would apply no matter what a person's beliefs were.

Ok, ok, I'm nosey, when i hear of things, I just have to look 'em up, a transendental meditationalist told me, he's nosier than me - if that at all possible :noway:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Ok, ok, I'm nosey, when i hear of things, I just have to look 'em up, a transendental meditationalist told me, he's nosier than me - if that at all possible :noway:

Good for you, Jackie. :flowerforyou: I'm one of those "questioners" too. Lemme know what you think.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good for you. We would love to adopt a couple of kids into our family. We are currently trying to get approved for foster care and the agency is very slow.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Things that fulfill my baking hobby... Cake decorating kit, books, gingerbread house stuff... I am an obsessive baker, and I love doing artsy craftsy things. :love:

A woman after my own heart. :love: I have a cookie & cupcake problem, though. I would bake & decorate cookies & cupcakes all day if it was feasible.

Oh yes, i can relate to this one, if it weren't for my working upto 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, I'd be at home baking all week :bigsmile: I love it :wink:
    Only trouble I have is, I have to try one of everything after cooking - well, ya just gotta make sure they are edible ... right ??? :blushing:

I actually don't have much of a sweet tooth. I like it, but it isn't a huge craving for me. My issue is carbs... bread, pasta, poatoes :love:

There is someone on here (ack! Can't remember who) who has the most gorgeous cakes. I want her tutalage. I'm good with ice cream cakes, but regular ones with icing always come out looking like they were just... made with love. :blushing:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good for you. We would love to adopt a couple of kids into our family. We are currently trying to get approved for foster care and the agency is very slow.

Anna, you're awesome!:flowerforyou: Foster parenting is a HUGE gift! I hope get through all of the red tape so you can wrap your heart around some of those kids! We have two foster kids right now. Big challenge. Big rewards!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I hope they hurry too, but the lady incharge of our area is so slow. I had heard that about her before we were tryng to get signed up, but I never thought it would be this bad.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Things that fulfill my baking hobby... Cake decorating kit, books, gingerbread house stuff... I am an obsessive baker, and I love doing artsy craftsy things. :love:

A woman after my own heart. :love: I have a cookie & cupcake problem, though. I would bake & decorate cookies & cupcakes all day if it was feasible.

Oh yes, i can relate to this one, if it weren't for my working upto 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, I'd be at home baking all week :bigsmile: I love it :wink:
    Only trouble I have is, I have to try one of everything after cooking - well, ya just gotta make sure they are edible ... right ??? :blushing:

I actually don't have much of a sweet tooth. I like it, but it isn't a huge craving for me. My issue is carbs... bread, pasta, poatoes :love:

There is someone on here (ack! Can't remember who) who has the most gorgeous cakes. I want her tutalage. I'm good with ice cream cakes, but regular ones with icing always come out looking like they were just... made with love. :blushing:

That would be Pettmybunny. She's an artist with those things!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I want house shoes because that's a tradition. :bigsmile: I'd also like some new towels/washcloths because mine are raggedy and threadbare. A new bedspread would be nice. Also it would be nice to have my bedroom painted by my son-in-law. There are other items too numerous to mention that are on my list for my kids to choose from if they want. I won't list everything. :noway:
This discussion has been closed.