ideas for super low-calorie, filling snacks?

Replies

• - Diet popcorn (100 calories.)
    - Fruit Salad
    - Veggies!
    - Celery actually has negative calories.
    - 1/2 cup of plain oatmeal (with sweetner if you want.) has only 150 calories and it is very filling.
  • Gazer362
    Gazer362 Posts: 35 Member
    I like celery with Laughing Cow cheese - gives me crunch and creamy!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Hot tea, first. Zero calories, but still satisfying. :)

Next - beef or chicken broth, low sodium (or soup, french onion soup is great and low cal without the cheese/croutons!).

Next - probably the best hack - the big bowl of noodles in this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/307942-169-calorie-big-big-big-bowl-of-noodles?hl=big+bowl+of+noodles&page=1#posts-4085606 . I tried the Shiritaki noodles for myself this weekend, and I have to say - they are pretty good! :D Especially in Asian dishes.

Cheers! :D
  • Betty8461
    Betty8461 Posts: 22 Member
    I do the exact same thing. LUV IT!
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    bump
  • harmonization
    harmonization Posts: 1 Member
    Tuna lettuce rolls:

1 can (drained) chunk light tuna (120 calories)
    1-2 Tbsps of light mayonnaise (40-80 calories)
    chopped pickles and celery (5 -10 calories)
    3-4 large lettuce leaves

Mix tuna, mayo and chopped veggies, scoop into lettuce leave and roll em up. About 200 calories for all, and very filling!
  • nina8611
    nina8611 Posts: 25 Member
    I love this goodie-2 full low fat cinnamon graham crackers sheets & put 2 tbsp FF Cool whip in the middle & pop in frezer-low cal awesome ice cream sandwich!:tongue:
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    EGG WHITES
    take 3 egg whites at room temp, beat to stiff peaks adding splenda when they get foamy, I add a half tsp of cream of tartar and a flavor extract like peppermint. this makes a huge bowl of meringue. drop by spoons onto wax paper or sprayed cookie sheet. and bake in slow oven. it takes about 45 mins. you can bake them in a hotter oven. but watch them close and the texture is a bit different. then munch munch. keep them air tight or they turn into something else. its all protein. only 60 calories for the egg whites. they are fat free of course. sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon, leave the splenda out and use savory spices instead. you get at least a dozen big ol cookies or bunches odf pop in your mouth ones. you can make a litte dent in the middle and add a 1/2 tsp sugar free jam, this is the perfect base for a fill....drop them into muffin tins make a deep well, bake empty then at the dinner table or when ever you can fill with fresh fruit. makes a great presentation. yum

Oh, I am definitely printing this out for tonight!! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Celery with PB2 or chocolate PB2. Yummo!
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    homemade vegetable soup

raw vegetables and hummus

boiled eggs

greek yogurt
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    EGG WHITES
    take 3 egg whites at room temp, beat to stiff peaks adding splenda when they get foamy, I add a half tsp of cream of tartar and a flavor extract like peppermint. this makes a huge bowl of meringue. drop by spoons onto wax paper or sprayed cookie sheet. and bake in slow oven. it takes about 45 mins. you can bake them in a hotter oven. but watch them close and the texture is a bit different. then munch munch. keep them air tight or they turn into something else. its all protein. only 60 calories for the egg whites. they are fat free of course. sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon, leave the splenda out and use savory spices instead. you get at least a dozen big ol cookies or bunches odf pop in your mouth ones. you can make a litte dent in the middle and add a 1/2 tsp sugar free jam, this is the perfect base for a fill....drop them into muffin tins make a deep well, bake empty then at the dinner table or when ever you can fill with fresh fruit. makes a great presentation. yum

Oh WOW!!! I'm all over this idea. Thanks for sharing!!! :)
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    miracle noodles
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    bump
  • shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Freeze bananas, add a lo cal choc syrup/fudge, almonds. Add some lo cal/lo fat whip cream after taking out ofo freezer. Its like a banana split minus the icecream. Curbs the craving for sweets and is a filling snack/desert. :love:
  • shareces
    Raw viggies w/ lo fat vegan cream cheese
    Special K wheat thins w/ lo fat vegan cream cheese (add some chives):tongue:
  • shareces
    Oh yea! ...Fry some red pepper sticks in a lil olive oil on a pan. Sprinkle a lil season salt and black pepper. So good!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    I eat watermelon like it's going out of style. It's less then 100 calories for a cup of diced watermelon, and it's VERY filling. I will eat 1/4 of a watermelon for lunch sometimes.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    bump - some of these sound yummy
  • These are some great ideas! I usually go for popcorn and pickles!
  • recentcoin
    recentcoin Posts: 18
    Haven't tried it yet, but this looks really good.....

Superfood Triple Berry Chia Pudding
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 2 • Size: about 1 cup • Old Points: 2 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 2 pt
    Calories: 110 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 12 g • Fiber: 7.5 g • Protein: 4 g • Sugar: 3 g
    Sodium: 64 mg • Cholest: 0 mg

Ingredients:

1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk beverage (used Almond Breeze)
    3/4 cup fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    5-6 drops Nu-Naturals liquid stevia (or sugar/honey to taste)

Directions:

Combine the Almond Breeze almond-coconut milk together with the chia seeds and fruit in a glass jar with a lid. Cover and shake well, set aside for 15 minutes. Give it another good shake then refrigerate overnight or at least 5-6 hours.