ideas for super low-calorie, filling snacks?

12346»

Replies

• You are a life-saver! This is exactly what I've been looking for! ;)
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Coffee with 2 tbsp of Whole Foods 365 organic hazelnut coffee creamer and 1 tbsp of Sugar in the Raw sugar.

Also love Whole Foods popcorn (in a bag - already popped)

I find that when I eat real food, there are no cravings and I am full with less food. There is too much junk ingredients that they put in food today. They are putting profits over people's health.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    celery ahha

You stole my joke!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Bump
  • lisquito
    lisquito Posts: 19 Member
    Anything that is bite-size and has 150 cal or less per serving and lets me have 10-15 pieces. Eating the pieces one at a time makes me feel like I am eating for longer, which helps me feel satisfied. My choices include animal crackers, raisins, grapes, nuts, carrots, trail mix, etc!
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    I x low calorie hot chocolate drink (40 calories) plus one topping of aerosol light spray cream (40 calories) I drink this every night before bed and it satisfies my sweet tooth & chocolate urges and makes me sleepy

100g of fresh raspberries...for some reason raspberries are incredibly filling, they give a real feeling of satiety

I slice of Hovis wholemeal bread toasted (approx 88 calories) topped with a laughing cow cheese triangle - light , which is 25 calories plus a sliced up fresh tomato

a bowl of weight watchers soup around 90 calories

a low fat yogurt

an apple or an orange or a bananas, or 3 slices of melon or a handful of grapes

I try to avoid things like popcorn, snack bars, anything resembling a cake, crisps, sweets, biscuits because those are the type of things which made me fat in the first place and I want to eat real food that grew in the ground or walked round a field, not stuff made in a factory. It also challenges me to eat real food and to decide if its worth the effort or should i just have a drink of water and go to bed, reaching for a packet of something is too easy for someone like me who used to binge on anything in the cupboards.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    bump!

I like celery and peanut butter, you can get the to go packs for 250 cals I think!
  • Raqua78
    Raqua78 Posts: 2
    Smoothie
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    hot soup... broth based, no noodles, veggie centered.

mmmm
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    stir a pinch of cumin into hummus, put a tablespoon in the bottom of a teacup and stick carrot sticks in like it's a hedgehog. The cumin makes the hummus richer, so you need less and can stretch it our over more carrot sticks and you can eat more :wink: I sprinkle fresh black pepper on too. Usually I don't finish the hummus as I run out of carrots and I already feel satisfied. Mild spice from the cumin, the tang from the hummus and the sweetness of the carrot is a perfect combination
  • Spinach or Kale Chips. Easy to make and very tasty.

Author: Divas Can Cook
    Recipe type: snack
    Serves: 1

Ingredients

2 cups fresh spinach (choose the big, healthy-looking leaves)
    few drop of extra virgin olive oil
    McCormicks Italian Blend Seasoning
    Salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325
    Place spinach in a large bowl.
    Add a few drops of olive oil and mix with your hands until each leaf is lightly coated in oil. Be careful not to use too much oil or the spinach will not crisp up in the oven.
    Sprinkle the spinach with Italian herb seasoning and salt.
    Taste one of the leaves to make sure you are using enough seasoning. (you won’t need a lot of seasoning)
    Arrange the spinach in a single layer (don’t let them overlap) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oil nonstick foil.
    Bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully after the 8 minute mark if they are not done.
    Let sit on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
    Remove from baking sheet and enjoy!

####################################################
    This recipe came from Divas Can Cook which is
    Old School Cooking For The Modern Woman.
    Make sure you go check out the website for more great recipes.

###################################################
    Read More http://divascancook.com/2013/02/italian-herb-baked-spinach-chips-recipe.html