Cleaning house...

So, I have been holding onto all my fat clothes. I just threw them all away (technically donated), wow! I have so much space in all my drawers and closet, this feels great! Those clothes (three trash bags full) were ugly and never fit correctly anyway. It wasn't the clothes, it was me. I never felt good in clothes until now and I can actually fit (well almost fit comfortably) into single digit sizes. I am not keeping the larger sizes just in case. That's sabotage!!

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    So, I have been holding onto all my fat clothes. I just threw them all away (technically donated), wow! I have so much space in all my drawers and closet, this feels great! Those clothes (three trash bags full) were ugly and never fit correctly anyway. It wasn't the clothes, it was me. I never felt good in clothes until now and I can actually fit (well almost fit comfortably) into single digit sizes. I am not keeping the larger sizes just in case. That's sabotage!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Congrats!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    WOW the single digit that is wonderful. Way to go!! :drinker: Im going to get ride of all my old clothes too its a process. :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    That is awesome congratulations. That is something that I would like to do and still haven't been able to yet. I still have them hanging in the closet because of my insecurities but hopefully soon I can toss mine. You must feel so great!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I have mine bagged up for donation/yard sale..whichever. I hear you should never keep them...so WHY do I still have mine?:noway:

Congrats to you!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I am very proud of you!!! Someone is going to a job interview wearing one of those outfits and will GET THE JOB!!!

When I was 32 with 3 small children I went from working as a waitress to an office job. Needless to say I had plenty of jeans and tshirts, but NO business cloths. Money wasnt tight, it was non existent. My friend took me and my $50 to Goodwill. You know what? God provided me with a closet of new(er) skirts, blouses, jackets and slacks to wear to work. (BTW I STILL go to Goodwill today!!!)

Can you come get my big bag and drag it from my bleeding fingers??? Please??

I dont know WHY I cant let go of those clothes. They dont fit. They will help another person because they are nice and well taken care of. Someone is out there with a new job and no money and can use these clothes.

I have walked mine out to the car, and brought them back it. Am I sick??
    :sick: :blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    AWTY - Chica, I TOLD you! Just keep your biggest outfit so you'll remember how far you've come...and TOSS the rest! Remember how awesome it was at 32 to find those clothes at Goodwill? Think of your old clothes as someone else's salvation. Someone out there needs those clothes more than you do...REALLY bad! You know that!! Take those things out to your car, drive them to Goodwill & give them to someone in need. Better yet, what about a women's shelter? I have a fantastic story about that, but that's not for here right now. You can do it!

Congrats, Mich! Have fun re-stocking that closet! My husband is dreading when I get to my goal weight b/c it is ALLLLLLL going! Woo!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!