Holiday Decorating

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    oops hit "enter" too fast :tongue:

Huge black cat (under the tree), small condo tree (with penguins) and HUGE penguin stocking. That's what I like - more for Santa to fill......

IMG_1020.jpg

Your kitty is DARLING CM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smooched:

He looks so happy to be there!:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Speaking of holiday decorating, did Miss Jeannie get her tree today?!

So, Soupy, I see you're spending a fabulous evening jumping around the MFP boards like myself. :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Speaking of holiday decorating, did Miss Jeannie get her tree today?!

So, Soupy, I see you're spending a fabulous evening jumping around the MFP boards like myself. :smile:

As usual.....:blushing:

I would like to say I have some sort of high falootin' life.....:laugh: ...but I don't.:embarassed:

There's only so much SaturdatyNickelodeon specials I can stand.:laugh:

How are you doin tonight babybeans?:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    I hear ya. My husband is cramming for exams & finishing a paper so he's no company at all & my kids go to bed at 7:00 (THANK GOD) so I'm having a lazy night & the laptop is keeping me company. Had kind of a hectic day so it is good to veg out.

I am however watching White Christmas for the first time right now. Trying to get in the holiday spirit more than I am. I'm too focused on the end of the semester for dh right now to get too Christmasy. :tongue:

Is it high falootin' to say that I spent my day at a 1 year old's birthday party appologizing to strangers for my 3yo grabbing their boobs? Seriously. It happened. :embarassed:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member

Is it high falootin' to say that I spent my day at a 1 year old's birthday party appologizing to strangers for my 3yo grabbing their boobs? Seriously. It happened. :embarassed:

It kinda looks to me like the little cutie in your av has either been - -
    1. grabbin ta-tas
    2. avoiding dada
    3. wassailing

Is that the notorious Zeke? I'm a bit out of the loop on kids.....he's a little marshmellow And a cup of cocoa! :smooched:

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
    Jack Frost nipping at your nose
    Yule tide carols being sung by a fire
    And kids dressed up like eskimos.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I hear ya. My husband is cramming for exams & finishing a paper so he's no company at all & my kids go to bed at 7:00 (THANK GOD) so I'm having a lazy night & the laptop is keeping me company. Had kind of a hectic day so it is good to veg out.

I am however watching White Christmas for the first time right now. Trying to get in the holiday spirit more than I am. I'm too focused on the end of the semester for dh right now to get too Christmasy. :tongue:

whoops!:blushing: Now that's our Zeke for ya.... :huh: :laugh: NO, not funny for you but he sure does keep you HOPPIN GF:huh: :noway: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    LOL No, the bean baby in my av is my youngest, Tabitha. Zeke is my 3yo nightmare. He's in my pic file, though...however, he looks sweet & innocent, but don't believe it. You'll get sucked in & you'll never be the same. :wink: And yes, he was the one grabbing strangers like it was Mardi Gras.

(oh, yeah...back to the thread topic. :laugh: )

Everybody knows
    A turkey & some mistletoe
    Helps to make the season bright
  • Fitness_Chick

It kinda looks to me like the little cutie in your av has either been - -
    1. grabbin ta-tas
    2. avoiding dada
    3. wassailing

Is that the notorious Zeke? I'm a bit out of the loop on kids.....he's a little marshmellow And a cup of cocoa! :smooched:

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
    Jack Frost nipping at your nose
    Yule tide carols being sung by a fire
    And kids dressed up like eskimos.
    ahhh that's her littlest bean.....:laugh: Tabitha in the photo....the girl with more hair on her head when born than you've probably ever seen..... keep comin over to the Proud thread and you'll get to know more about Zeke than you can imagine....poor Momma....I told her I'd come by for a playdate as personally Zeke sounds like a hoot.....but I might be needing a nap sooner than I think ....before, during AND after the playdate:noway: :huh: :laugh: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    LOL No, the bean baby in my av is my youngest, Tabitha. Zeke is my 3yo nightmare. He's in my pic file, though...however, he looks sweet & innocent, but don't believe it. You'll get sucked in & you'll never be the same. :wink: And yes, he was the one grabbing strangers like it was Mardi Gras.

(oh, yeah...back to the thread topic. :laugh: )

Everybody knows
    A turkey & some mistletoe
    Helps to make the season bright
    so who got the Mardi Gras beads??? :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Ms. Stable Mistress your tree is beautiful! I miss having a full size tree. When we move into our "real" house in 4 years or so, hopefully we'll have more room for one.

Jeannie - I'll send you Zeke. He'll keep you company through the Christmas season. :happy:

Yikes! Zekey and I would get along famously! I would let him run around like a crazy man.....chasing him and kissing his cute lil cheeks!! He would hug me and tell me I was beautiful...tol ya I already raised him, his name is Jim

James was on our list for when he was born. That would have been freaky. He did tell me he loved me more than ice cream today. I suppose that's as good as telling me I'm beautiful. LOL

oh dude was famous for telling me he loved me! I even dubbed it the Jimbo Love! He would run across the room MOMMY MOMMY .....WHAT!!! ....I Wubs you MOMMY!! and jump right into my arms! he hugged with his entire body. :heart: :smooched: :heart:
    too cute!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fake trees?! Bah Humbug! this Santa and Bestest Naughty Elf use ONLY a real tree! This year it's a Balsam fir, and it's beautiful! they smell wonderful, keep the needles, and are great! And we use multi color lights as well!! PERIOD! In fact, this year our tree has all LED lights... so yes, we can land an airplane in the fog from the airport in my living room! And it stays up till Santa says it comes down, usually somewhere around the end of Jan. (altho, I I would leave it up till my b'day in March, but you know... )
    Gotta love the smell of the real thing:drinker: Mmm..... :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    This thread is hysterical!! :laugh:

Anyone have any figgy pudding yet? Or go wassailing???

Me? I just worked yesterday! Oh and worked OUT too!!

Going to a little holiday party for my mom's meetup group later this morning. That will be fun.

And doing an early Christmas with my mother in law, etc....in NYC next Sunday since she and her hubby will be gone on the 24th and 25th. I think we will head in a little early and go do our annual "View the Rockefeller Christmas Tree" before we meet up with my in-laws. I'm sure I will have pics to share!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Is that the notorious Zeke? I'm a bit out of the loop on kids.....he's a little marshmellow And a cup of cocoa!

oops ......Tabitha. SHE's a little marshmellow AND a cup of cocoa. I'll check out the Zeke stories.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Say NO to mistletoe.
    Caroling - would if I could find a group. (I actually can sing......) - - favorite "Oh Holy Night."
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Ok, question...

What do you usually serve for Christmas dinner???

Ham? Beef? Turkey??
  • 3babybeans
    We generally do a ham, but my husband fried a turkey last year. I guess he didn't get enough at Thanksgiving. :grumble:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    When my kids were small, my wife made the decision that Christmas day was just our immediate family. Christmas Eve is the whole extended disfuntional drama thing, with the big dinner, etc.

Christmas morning is just us, very casual. We stay in our pajamas as long as we want and play with all our new stuff. Maybe play a game or watch a movie. No pressure, just enjoying each other. We always let the kids pick anything they want for Christmas dinner and it's pretty wild. We've had macaroni and cheese, Chinese delivery, and even though they were 19 and 16 last year we had tacos. When my wife came up with this idea to be "selfish" with Christmas day, I thought she was mean, but it's a stroke of genius.
  • 3babybeans
    When my kids were small, my wife made the decision that Christmas day was just our immediate family. Christmas Eve is the whole extended disfuntional drama thing, with the big dinner, etc.

Christmas morning is just us, very casual. We stay in our pajamas as long as we want and play with all our new stuff. Maybe play a game or watch a movie. No pressure, just enjoying each other. We always let the kids pick anything they want for Christmas dinner and it's pretty wild. We've had macaroni and cheese, Chinese delivery, and even though they were 19 and 16 last year we had tacos. When my wife came up with this idea to be "selfish" with Christmas day, I thought she was mean, but it's a stroke of genius.

Is it wrong that I'm incredibly jealous of you right now? We have to truck from home, to my mom & dad's, to home for nap time for the kiddos, the to my MIL & FIL's house for a night of mayhem. It's just insanity. Love the idea of letting them pick dinner!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Ok, question...

Ham? Beef? Turkey??

Whatever mommy serves me! boogiesmilie.gif
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member

We usually have a ham and even when it was just my son and I we'd usually cook a big meal. Now my daughter and her family are back in the area so we'll be going to their home for Christmas. I like your wife's idea though. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    (Tam)

I am a "stray" as we are so annoyingly called. i.e. - Those of us who have no blood family and end up at other peoples' home for the (too many) Holidays. I have some friends who I consider family; except I have the luxury of deciding which events I want to attend. Depending on who will be there and when :wink:

My sister-friend varies her menu, and she is the best cook in the world. I never know what we'll eat until a couple days beforehand.

I did start two of my own "traditions" at their house. I bring an ornament for them. And I show up in festive flannel pajamas on Christmas. (In the late afternoon - - in time for dinner!)
This discussion has been closed.