SBF...Dec 15

Options
Good morning,
Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was okay since I got a lot of rest. Today is a bit more challenging. Alex is already in a mood and we have no help today. I don't like this at all, but I will deal with it. I have to. I think someone is coming to get him tomorrow morning so that will help!
I changed my goals to 1400 cals for right now to keep my BMR as maintenance. I can be honest and say that I really do not need to eat more than my BMR since I am literally laying around all day. My eating has been out of control so I am going to try to keep a lid on it. My ultimate goal is to only gain 20-25 pounds. That's not going to be easy.
I've got things laid out for Alex to do today. I am just praying the day goes by quickly. I hope everyone's day is great!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was okay since I got a lot of rest. Today is a bit more challenging. Alex is already in a mood and we have no help today. I don't like this at all, but I will deal with it. I have to. I think someone is coming to get him tomorrow morning so that will help!
    I changed my goals to 1400 cals for right now to keep my BMR as maintenance. I can be honest and say that I really do not need to eat more than my BMR since I am literally laying around all day. My eating has been out of control so I am going to try to keep a lid on it. My ultimate goal is to only gain 20-25 pounds. That's not going to be easy.
    I've got things laid out for Alex to do today. I am just praying the day goes by quickly. I hope everyone's day is great!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    MM,

Check w/ the midwife about your nutrition. . .I worry. . .

Today, if all goes well, I should make it to bikram. Got in a great w/out yesterday, and felt so much better.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I forget, what does SBF stand for?

I don't know you that well, mechanic, but it sounds like your goals to stay at 1400 are doable. If you make more of your meals rather than eating processed foods, you can actually eat so much for 1400! Of course, you probably all ready know that. :tongue:

My weekend was okay. I don't like weekends though, so I'm glad it's back to work. We have so much time off work coming up, and I'm not looking forward to it. I work gov't, and Bush gave us off on Friday after Christmas, plus we have off Martin Luther King day and Inaugaration, so that's 2 4 day weekends within a month. I know most people would be so excited for that, but I'm not. When I'm not staying busy at work, my days are much harder, and not just because it's more tempting to eat.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well I'm almost all moved in to my mom's basement. Just some clothes and random things to finish moving. It has been a rough weekend though...I never thought it could be so hard to fall asleep alone. :frown: I'm just being a big baby, but it is weird to not be with my bf at all moments when I'm not working. It will do us good though...give us time apart, so he can spend more time with friends and I can spend more time focusing on my schoolwork. I also got rid of about 80% of my bills, which means all that money can go towards paying back my student loans quicker, resulting in a whooole lot less interest. :happy:

I also have my own time and space to workout again!!! :drinker: So I'll be getting back to home cooked meals and exercise!!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Well I'm almost all moved in to my mom's basement. Just some clothes and random things to finish moving. It has been a rough weekend though...I never thought it could be so hard to fall asleep alone. :frown: I'm just being a big baby, but it is weird to not be with my bf at all moments when I'm not working. It will do us good though...give us time apart, so he can spend more time with friends and I can spend more time focusing on my schoolwork. I also got rid of about 80% of my bills, which means all that money can go towards paying back my student loans quicker, resulting in a whooole lot less interest. :happy:

I also have my own time and space to workout again!!! :drinker: So I'll be getting back to home cooked meals and exercise!!!

Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm not sure, you do get used to sleeping alone. That's good that you're going to take time to focus on school. And boys do need time to run with the boys. And of course getting rid of most of your bills is wonderful!!!!

And yay for home cooked meals and exercise!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    This is my last week of going at it hard core! I'm leaving for Florida Thursday morning so I'll be losing my gym! :sad: Thankfully it's warmer there so I can steal my dad's bike or go for a walk but I doubt I'll have that much time!

So my goal is 139! I'm hovering around 142 but TOM just ended so I'm I'll lose some of that water weight I'm holding and I really didn't gain a pound this past week! Then all I need is 1.3 pounds to make it under 140 and hit my goal! So we'll see...

Well, I'm off to clean house and start getting stuff together for our trip!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    MM,

Check w/ the midwife about your nutrition. . .I worry. . .

Today, if all goes well, I should make it to bikram. Got in a great w/out yesterday, and felt so much better.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

I'm eating more today than 1400 cals anyway. Easy meals that are good for you are hardly doable, especially when I am a picky eater. People bring over meals and my hubby doesn't cook much so I am kind of at their mercy. I will do better than today though and try not to fret so much about calories. I will focus more on quality for myself and let everyone else fend for themselves. I'm not having the best day anyway. Alex just got done screaming at me for more tator tots. Look what I have started. This must change.
    I am supposed to send in my journal from last week to my midwife and I am embarrassed. I made some bad choices. I don't want her to see it. lol. I might get scolded. No one wanted to cook so they brought food to eat. People kept bringing me sweets so I ate. I felt guilty all week though knowing she was going to have to see it. lol.
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hope CP is ok - she hasn't checked in, in a few days and many people up there are without power.

Cold enough here - another 78 degree day Sunday and a 34 degree day today.

Yesterday - walk. Today walk & yoga.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hope CP is ok - she hasn't checked in, in a few days and many people up there are without power.
    Hi Mary, and everyone - I'm still alive! The weather hasn't been too bad where I live (just cold and windy), but I do work for a power company that serves much of Maine - so we have been very busy making sure all the systems stay up while the crews are out restoring power for everybody.

I have just been really really busy lately. It always seems like there is so much going on around the holidays anyway, then pile on top of that a lot of year-end tasks at work (that tend to get delayed during storm situations) and, of course, trying to work on my project! I did meet my goal of working out 3 times last week (twice at the gym and once with a video at home), and hope to keep it up this week. I made it to aerobics tonight, and I intend to do pushups tonight once I get home (starting over week 6 again - I think I am going to try the far right column! :noway: ).

Don't feel too guilty, MM - I know it must be tough being on bed rest and not having as much control over what food you have available. Maybe the midwife will have some good suggestions for you. Are there fruits and veggies that you can keep nearby for snacking? We made a whole bunch of almond roca over the weekend to give away - very dangerous! I managed to limit myself to just a couple of pieces while I was packaging it all up. Yum. :blushing: