To those that don't drink alcohol...

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    I'm curious as to why (as there are plenty of good reasons, but I'm like an annoying Labrador puppy all up in your business...)

Ya know, strictly for weight loss, self control, health, daddy issues, you vomit uncontrollably...

I use to love to go out and drink! Of course, what 18 year old doesnt? but, I already had 2 kids by 19 and would much rather spend time with them on the weekend! Anyway, besides that, I find it really hard to get in the mood for alcohol. I dont know why.. It rarely happens where im like "I feel like drinking!". I am also taking Metformin, and there is absolutely no drinking while taking that. At least according to my Dr. and the warning on the bottle lol! So, I dont drink because I am afraid what might happen to me if I do. It is also a great way to save calories! lol! God, now that I think about it.. I have not had any alcohol for at least a year. Last I can remember was my birthday July of 2010.. and even before then I didnt drink for months and only drank that day because we were partying pool side lol!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    ooooooops! walked in on the wrong thread..........*backs out quietly so nobody notices glass of wine in hand

:laugh:

:wink:

:drinker: I'm with you!!!

Lol! Too funny!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Never cared for the taste of it-I do drink socially now but that's it
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    I don't drink because I can't just have one or a few. I like alcohol a little too much so it's better for me to not drink at all.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Wow... you people are depressing me. I stopped reading after the second page.

This is WHY I drink.

I drink because I like to make terrible decisions, and I like to watch other people make terrible decisions.

Those of you that think booze tastes bad... Clearly you are drinking the wrong booze ;)
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    I used to drink...A LOT! Almost every weekend night, and funday sundays! No wonder I gained 40pounds! a 30 pack of beer on a sunday funday is sure to be the cause of some extra poundage! lol. I still drink, but def not as much. Really only on occasion now, its expensive if you go out to the bars and it eats up all your calories if you're trying to watch. Labor day will be my next alcohol binge, pineapple pool party!

YAY funday sundays!! :)
    I have nothing else to add haha just wanted to see peoples reasons for not drinking. I drink way too much.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    I LOVE my bf Jack Daniels with some ginger ale....I would feel incomplete if we didnt hook up every weekend :( Plus I like making stupoid decisions and having funny stories to tell in the morning
  • For me it was simple I never really liked the taste of alcohol, but when Hubby and I are away on vacation I have been known to have 1 really fruity drink as I find they mask the taste of the alcohol but those drinks really aren't condusive to me loosing weight anymore.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    I don't drink because I'm not 21...yet.

:/

lol.. this cracks me up.. I was a sailor... went in at 18... I got stationed on my first ship at 20... had already been to a few parties, but not a lot.. My first 6 month underway... omg.... all the ports are real fuzzy and it was a real killer to get back to the states and have to wait 4 months or so till I turned 21 to be able to party like that again..
  • Because in my opinion, it's a waste of money to drink. I'd much rather use that money on myself or my son.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    My Dad was an alcoholic for 30 years therefore alcohol has sort of a negative impact on me. I drink very rarely. Just doesn't have any appeal to me. The only way I will drink beer is as a michelada. But beer alone grosses me out. I'll have margarita once in a blue moon. And during college, there was no time for drinking, well not going through my major at least unless you wanted to suck horribly.
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Last time I got drunk I made out with one of my best guy friends...who has a girlfriend... in their bed... So no more drinks for a while until I learn self control. That being said I go to school in Wisconsin, so it will probably only another month of no drinks for me
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    My primary reason is that my Dad's family is full of alcoholics and addicts. And I know I have an addictive personality. So it's just not worth the risk to me. Now I have had issues with sugar, but have been working on them over the past couple of years. (There are some interesting studies out there on the links between alcoholism and sugar consumption.) And I don't mean that I just liked having a cookie now and again. I had desert several times every day and basically rode the sugar-high roller coaster. Sugar made me feel wonderful, full of energy, and took away any pain.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Wow... you people are depressing me. I stopped reading after the second page.

This is WHY I drink.

I drink because I like to make terrible decisions, and I like to watch other people make terrible decisions.

Those of you that think booze tastes bad... Clearly you are drinking the wrong booze ;)

I don't think all booze tastes bad. But the booze I think tastes good is about a million calories per drink! If only it were 0 calories, I'd probably drink more often ...
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    I have a different story.. I love alcohol but my mother is an alcoholic and I've had one too many blackout drunk nights. I drink and I'm fine, fine, fine, boom... I wake up the next morning with no idea what happened, I hate that feeling and the only way for me to ensure it never happens is to never drink. I can't drink in moderation, I've tried and it doesn't work. oh well.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    1. Body can't handle it ~ I get the runs within 30 mins of drinking. That only started after I had children...prior to that I didn't have any problems tolerating it on the rare occasion I did drink.
    2. Mommy is an alcoholic...I don't have a relationship with her...after seeing what alcohol did to her, our family, and many other addicted family members...it's just not worth it.
    3. I'd rather eat my calories, thank you.
    4. It doesn't taste that good. Some is downright nasty.
    5. It makes me tired...what fun is that?
    6. It's expensive.
    7. It contributes greatly to belly fat...yuck.
    8. Don't really want it in my house because I don't want it easily accessible to my kids. I tried alcohol when I was 12. Don't even want to give my 12 yo daughter the temptation.
    9. Is this enough? Plain and simple, drinking is dumb when you consider all of the ill effects.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    I don't drink because I don't like the loss of control. I have no tolerance for alcohol, lol. 2 stiff drinks and i'm done, and usually end up puking which is no fun. On top of that, i used to live the farthest away from the club me and my girls went to when i lived in WA so i'd round everyone up and be DD. And i don't really like to waste the money, lol.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    I've drank plenty in my time, plenty! I just started slowing down as I got older. Hangovers are not fun and if I never throw up again that's fine with me. Now where I used to spend every weekend in a bar I go months without having any alcohol at all. Strange really.

But I'm no saint. These days I just prefer herbal indulgences over alcohol. For me it's a much better way.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    I used to LOVE my rye and rum, but I've died a little inside:sad: now that they give me such a fricking headache every time I even have a little. And add red wine to that list and it really sucks:sad: . The only thing I've found so far that doesn't give me a headache is vodka, but I sooooo loved my rye. But I do love long island iced teas, so I may survive.:drinker:

To clarify....I was never a huge drinker but I did like having a drink when I went out or sometimes just at night after a long crappy day.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    i love drinking,just like the most of my friends and we get drunk every single weekend,but during the holidays we drink every night.now i try not to go out so often,because i don't want to drink and gain weight.