What is the link between calves and colons?

2»

Replies

• rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Ok, so basically the act of ambulation (walking) increase paristalsis (movement of waste through the bowels). In layman terms, the more you move the faster your poop moves out of you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I figured the only relationship was actually eating a calf and it goes through your colon..............................

LMGDAO
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    I have the same issue, especially after a really hard workout. It gets very annoying after awhile! :)
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Ok, so basically the act of ambulation (walking) increase paristalsis (movement of waste through the bowels). In layman terms, the more you move the faster your poop moves out of you.

Thank you...
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    I have the same issue, especially after a really hard workout. It gets very annoying after awhile! :)

Finally someone who has this issue too....its so nice to not be alone out here :flowerforyou:
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    I am having the opposite problem, since I started running, I am only having a BM once a week, and that's only after I take a laxative.

At least your colon is moving.

How's your fiber intake? That might make a difference along with water. If you added running, maybe you need to increase your water to help everything, you know, move a little quicker. Just a thought.
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    I am having the opposite problem, since I started running, I am only having a BM once a week, and that's only after I take a laxative.

At least your colon is moving.

How's your fiber intake? That might make a difference along with water. If you added running, maybe you need to increase your water to help everything, you know, move a little quicker. Just a thought.

watch it on the laxative use also, long term laxative use has the opposite desired effect. Meaning it will constipate you even more. assuming you just started taking laxatives, i'm sure all is well on that front.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    When I first read this post (before the explanations)....all I heard in my head was the Minion from Despicable Me going..."Whaaaaat?"

Well that was...interesting.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    A sausage link?
  • I have the same problem with tea. Black tea or green tea, makes no odds - but infusions don't have the same effect. How does it KNOW??!